➷ Disaster | Owari no Seraph

終わりのセラフ

A/n: first ever 'Owari no Seraph' series in this oneshot book 😳 just in case you don't know, oneshots that are titled like this does not have any kind of romance! More of a friendship kind of fluff scenario :) you can say it's a various x reader!

»«

"...Beat three eggs." Mitsuba leaned away from the recipe sheet, eyes returning to it's normal size after squinting for a bit too long. "In what? Hand-to-hand combat?" Shinoa questioned, being genuinely confused. "Must be it, they banned weapons in the kitchen, after all." Mitsuba replied.*

*This conversation between Mitsuba and Shinoa were taken from @/vampire.ferid on Instagram! It is also what gave me inspiration to write this oneshot

The three males of the Shinoa squad stood aside, watching them with disgusted faces—even Yoichi—were they serious? Were they really serious about the hand-to-hand combat thing? They said in their minds, hoping it was all just a joke.

They can't possibly be that bad in cooking.

"Are you serious? Hand-to-hand combat?" Y/N said with her hands on her hips, eyeing the two weirdly. "Well, yeah, it says beat-" The H/C haired girl cut them off by cracking the three eggs into a bowl. "Hey, I'm not finished talking!"

Whipping the eggs in the bowl with a pair of chopsticks, Y/N stare at the two girls with a shit eating grin on her face. "You do it like this, dumbasses." Mitsuba's face started to heat up due to embarrassment while Shinoa looked away, chuckling nervously.

The three males sighed in relief, glad that at least one girl in the team was decent with cooking knowledge.

Loud sizzles were heard as Y/N pour the eggs in the hot pan, taking in the delicious scent, a smile formed on her features—mostly because of the admiring looks she received from the other two girls, though.

"Uh...shouldn't you flip it or something? I heard you have to flip it." Mitsuba gave the now seemingly dry eggs a suspicious look, she was really sure that they should flip it. "Mitsuba...Mitsuba." Y/N sang, finger going side to side as she clicked her tongue. "How is it possible to flip the egg when it got all the space in the pan? There's no way I can flip it! So, I shouldn't flip it." Both Shinoa and Mitsuba's lips formed into a small 'O', hands clapping softly at the great chef Y/N.

There was a faint smell of something burnt in the kitchen, but no one noticed it, instead, they focus their attention on Y/N. "Um no, Y/N, you should really flip it—" Yuu interfered. "I'm flipping it!" The girl place a plate on top of the pan before tilting it upside down, proud when she felt the weight of scrambled eggs on her plate.

Revealing the dish by tossing the used pan into the sink with an excited smile on her face, it instantly died down when instead of creamy yellow, disgusting black and brown greeted her.

It was silent between the six teenagers.

"Haha, a touch of crisp is best!" Y/N raised the plate high, desperately trying to save herself.

"A touch of crisp my ass! That thing is literally burnt!" Yuu pointed a finger at the girl then at the burnt dish. Kimizuki shook his head with a hand pressed on his forehead. "I shouldn't have expected anything..." Though there was no words coming out from Yoichi, visible discomfort was evident on the boy's face as he tries to comfort the girl.

"What's all this fuss about?" A head popped into the kitchen door, Guren's confused look soon gone as he quickly turn on his back, one hand covering his mouth to prevent laughter from coming out and one holding his stomach. But his shaking figure was enough to tell them that he is laughing, hard.

"I-It's not like you know how to cook anyway, Guren!" Y/N gritted her teeth as her face flushed, already embarrassed enough.

Teases from Shinoa and a laughing Mitsuba hitting the counter cause her to immediately snap her head to them. "Shut up! You two tried to beat the eggs in hand-to-hand combat! And you were completely serious about it!" An even louder wheeze came from Guren as he nearly fell to his knees.

"Guren!" The three girls shouted, making the lieutenant colonel stop, though he was still trying to catch his breath and wiping tears in the corner of his eyes. "Okay...okay..." The only adult in the room gave the three girls each a head pat, hand staying on Y/N's head as she was the last. "Who said I couldn't cook?" He raised a brow at the girl glaring up at him, a disgustingly handsome teasing smirk on his face.

"Do it, then." She challenged. "Nah, why should I waste my time showing you lot how to cook?"

As they keep trying to convince the older to cook, a familiar voice came, making Guren freeze right on the spot. "Hm...? Why did you let Guren in the kitchen? He'll burn the whole place down, you know." The white haired male laughed. "Shinya!"

It was chaos, when Shinya was done laughing at Guren's panicked state, he started laughing again when he saw the burnt...thing, sitting on the kitchen counter. With the three girls plus Guren's yelling to stop Shinya's laugh, the three teenage boys were sure that their ears stopped working.

"This is a disaster." Kimizuki stated, covering his ears as the other two beside him nodded, sighing deeply.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ -

I had so much fun writing this, needed a break from all the manga angst 🥳