➷ Liar | Ichinose Guren

一瀬グレン

|| 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚊 ||

»«

"Guren..." you said softly, looking at your childhood friend who stood in front of all of you.

You are currently with Yuu and the others inside Ferid's mansion's basement, it's true, the bodies of the dead ones are here. You could see Narumi's squad, all in containers.

After Guren got possessed by his demon, you were worried for him, but now seeing him standing right in front of you in his usual self, you're glad.

You know he took the medicine so that he would still have control in his own body.

You step forward, slowly walking and soon started running to him, giving him a bear hug, he stumble back a bit before regaining his balance, he wrap his arms around you too soon after.

"You...you're Guren, right? Y-You're not possessed by her, right?" you asked as your voice cracked.

"I'm me, fully capable of controlling my own body and mind" he place his chin on your head and stare ahead of him blankly, soon giving a small sigh and bury his face in your silk H/C hair.

"You're not going to let her in your mind anymore..?" you asked as you press your face into his chest.

"Nope"

You stayed silent,

"...Promise me." Guren's eyes widened slightly, not that you could see anyway, but then soon regained his composure.

"I promise."

¤

"Where's Guren?" Shinya asked, panicking.

Somehow, vampires broke in the JIDA building, and moreover, you don't even know how Shinoa is doing right now. You just hope she's strong enough to not let the First get in her soul.

"God damn it, of all times, he have to disappear now! Everyone's fighting over here and he's no where to be seen!" Mito said, throwing a fist at the vampire, it soon turn into ashes.

You started to grow anxious, you hope he isn't doing what you're thinking right now.

Back when all of you decided to head out and check the situation, you realized Guren didn't move an inch, so you have an idea that he's still in there.

You ran back into the building, trying to remember the way back into the room where you, Kureto, Shinya and Guren were in.

Turning around the corner, you spotted Guren, you got a glimpse of his face, it was blank, but serious. A strong uncomfortable aura surrounding him.

You hid behind a wall and kept your tears in, you knew it.

You knew he wasn't able to oppose Mahiru, she had him wrapped around her finger.

He is still in love with her after all.

"Guren...it's time to betray everyone"

Strangely, it was as if you could hear Mahiru's voice, taunting you. Her voice playful, as if she's mocking you, telling you that Guren is all hers.

Never was and never will be yours.

Guren stayed silent, looking straight ahead, his back was facing you, so you assume he didn't notice your presence.

Mahiru gave one last mocking laugh before disappearing, everything fell silent.

It was only a matter of time before the demon fully controlled him.

"Liar" your voice cracked, shaking. Clenching your fist tight as you look down, tears flowing down your cheeks.

Guren tilted his head up slightly, his lips curving up into a bitter smile.

"Liar, huh?"