The Girl

Evie?

What the fuck is she doing here?

"You know this guy?" her friend says to her.

She scoffs. "Well, I mean I did..."

Evie looks no different from when I last saw her - 4 years ago. She's wearing a long-sleeved, black hoodie. Jeans, un-ripped.

"Zak, who's this?"

I suddenly remember what I was doing here. I spin around.

"Oh, it's just someone I knew in Middle School," I say trying to end the conversation.

Evie Scoffs.

" 'Knew in Middle School'? Zak, Jesus. We went out for like 2 years," Evie says in a painfully accusing tone.

Why. Why the fuck did she had to say that.

"You had a girlfriend?" Darryl asks.

fuck fuck fuck

"Zak you telling me you never told anyone about me?"

"Well not me,"

"So who are you?"

"Darryl,"

They continue the conversation as if I'm not even there.

"How do you know Zak?"

"Errr, well we met online,"

"Oh wow seriously Zak, no offence Darryl, but are you still always on that bloody computer?"

"Zak?"

I continue to stare forward for a bit before shaking myself back into reality.

"Ummmm, sorry but we have to go now," I say quickly grabbing Darryl by the hand and almost make him fall over.

I'm sorry I'm sorry

"Wha-"

"Oh, bye to you too Zak 'hope to see you again' ," she says jokingly as we both scuttle away and outside.

"Zak?" Darryl says as I continue to walk.

"Zak!"

Darryl stops suddenly making me almost fall backwards - I'm still holding his wrist.

I pull my hand of him and stare at his eyes, his amazing, beautiful ey-

"Zak, what the hell was that," he asks - obviously slightly annoyed.

I continue to stare at him. His glasses are easily reflecting the sun and I can see him squinting as the warm wind pushes through his soft curly hair and-

"Zak? A- are you ok?"

Why did I have to fall for a straight boy.

I laugh and say.

"Long day,"

He looks at me confused as I pull out my phone to call a Uber.

Why did I have to fall for a straight boy.

Why.

_______________________________________

Omggggg conflict amirite.

Sorry this took so long btw.

If you like my writing please go and check out my 'Kids Kingdom' story on my account I'm putting a lot of effort into that at the moment.

Not to bug you anything but please please please please please rate this.
It really just make me happy, more than you think.

Oh yeah by the way there will be a lot of of people in the next chapter.

Kk ily bye.