Chapter 5

Taemin stand awkwardly between Minho and Kai. Cold air surrounding them along with the thick silence. Looking back and forth to the two guys towering over him, he decided to break the icy atmosphere. Clearing his troat, he looks at Kai as he speaks.

"Uhm, Kai-ah..this is M-minho hyung." Taemin wince, he mentally kick his shin for stuttering. Why the hell am I nervous? "H-hyung--"

"Hi" before Taemin can finish the introduction Minho already stretch out his hand to Kai, a friendly gesture that doesn't match the bland tone of his voice and the blank look on his face. Kai just looks at him for seconds, not saying anything. Dark eyes focusing on the others face, lips set on a hard line. Taemin almost started another attempt to break the ice but Kai broke out from his trance before he can do so. Kai just nod, ignoring the hand suspended on the air for him to shake.

He looks at Taemin, cold dark gaze sends its way to the shorter boy, sending shivers down his spine and butterflies fly in his stomach, his body's normal response to Kai but this time, he take notice, it's not in a good way. He's mentally freaking out, his mind at mess. He's mad! Omo! He can see through those eyes, fire burning. Kai is mad, he knows, he feel it. But why?

But before his panicking mind form some answers, a hot, burning hand made contact on his cold, pale skin, gripping hard on his wrist, he mentally wishes that Kai won't take notice of his racing pulse but the prayer wasn't answered. Kai raises one of his perfect eyebrow knowingly at him. Amusement in his eyes. Taemin opens his mouth to say something, but closing it again, his eyes wide. He looks like a gold fish hyperventilating.

Kai tugs his arm, pulling him closer, his face merely inches away from the other's chest. He can feel Minho's stare at him, making his face heat up and redden because of the embarrassment. "Taemin, let's go home" he hears Kai speak, his tone hard, voice low but he can feel that Kai isn't looking at him anymore, he's looking at Minho. But he can't look up to make sure, he's paralyzed on his place.

"Home?" Minho ask, worry and confusion in his voice. That makes Taemin wake up from his trance, he looks up at Kai who is really watching Minho, smirk forming on his lips. Taemin shift his attention to his hyung, confusion on Minho's face. Taemin tries to think for an answer that won't be taken wrongly. "I..uh..Me and---" "Me and Taeminnie lives together" but before he can finish talking, Kai spoke up. Emphasizing the Taeminnie part. What's with everyone not making me finish talking?! He ask irritated. Not noticing the pet name part, too naive to notice. He glares up at Kai who looks back at him, smiling sweetly, too sweet for his taste but it didn't reach up his eyes. His eyes still dark but that doesn't stop the blood to rush up, heating up and reddening his cheeks. They stay like that for a while. Taemin glaring and Kai just gazing blankly at him.

He hears someone clearing his troat, Minho, Taemin guessed. Kai tugs at Taemin's arm again, his grip tightens. "Let's go." It's barely a whisper, low and quiet but it's hard and firm like his gaze. It's a command. Taemin gulps and then face Minho. He bows, not looking at his hyung. He's flushed from embarrassment or for being scared. Before he can stand straight Kai pulled him away. He didn't saw the worry and rage on Minho's face as they walked away.

He almost stumble and fall but Kai hold him in place. They're pace was fast, Taemin was already panting after a while of walking. Walking?! This isn't called walking!! His subconscious screams at him. Boring holes at the back of the man pulling him.

Taemin screams his protest when he can't barely breath, wriggling his wrist out of Kai's hold. "Stop!" And Kai complied, his back facing the flushed Taemin. Taemin falls on his butt with a thump. He's panting hard, his sweating too much, his school uniform is damp with sweat same as his long, brown, hair that is now dishevelled, for short he looks like a mess. He glares up, his fear long gone. Kai is now facing him also panting and sweating. But for God knows what reason he still looks perfect, his jet black hair is wet and was toss in a sexy mess, his dark eyes are half lidded and dreamy, his tan skin glazing with thin layer of sweat making it sparkle under the light of the sun. And only now Taemin noticed that his wearing a white dress shirt, three buttons undone exposing his chest and perfectly curved collar bones. He looks like a model taken out from some high class magazine. Taemin's subconscious stares at him gaping, grudge long gone forgotten.

The God, I mean, Kai walks towards Taemin with slow,deliberate steps. Crouching in front of him, his eyes dark. He looks irritated, confuse and just...damn perfect. He looks at Taemin with questioning eyes but didn't say anything, he just keep on holding Taemin with his gaze making the latter uncomfortable, blushing and squirming under his gaze and Kai almost, almost forgot the irritation he feels because of the perfection in front of him. He takes in a big, lung full of air, trying hard to kill the burning rage inside of him.

Taemin just watch him with innocent eyes, his fear slowly creeping up again but a different kind of fear, a fear that he might have hurt Kai in some way. He feels the need to give Kai an explanation so he did. "Kai-ah" He started, thanking God that he didn't stutter. "Minho hyung is just a good friend, he's like my older brother that I don't have, he takes good care of me. We have known each other since we're on diapers and..." He didn't finish what he was saying as Kai's face light up, the fire in his eyes died but he didn't smile, he just sighs. A sigh of relief, maybe? But Taemin didn't dare to ask, he won't risk the good mood to change.

Kai runs his hand on his wet messy hair, making it more dishevelled, he looks away and mumbled something Taemin didn't catch. "What?" "I said I'm sorry" Kai sounds irritated again and for some reason, lost. He looks back at Tae, his face blank. He's lost alright.

After maybe minutes of just staring, Kai stands up and offer his hand at Taemin. Taemin took it and stands up, the tendons and muscles on his legs screaming their protest. Kai somehow noticed his discomfort, without saying anything, he once again crouch in front of Taemin, his back facing the latter. Taemin just looks at him confusedly, his head tilted on the side cutely and Kai's breath hitch up but he manage to throw a blank face on Taemin.

"You're feet hurts, it's my fault. I'll give you a ride" he said in monotone. "Oh" that's all Taemin could say as he position himself on Kai's back, he blush as he feels Kai's body heat sipping in him. Kai stands up, holding Taemin's leg with his hands as it wraps around on his waist. He starts to walk off. The walk was quiet. Kai is lost in his own world and Taemin didn't dare to speak, this silence is more comfortable than earlier with his Minho hyung. He wonders what's with the tension between his hyung and Kai. He wants to ask Kai but decided that maybe it's because Kai just had a bad day.

The slow walk and the comfortable silence is lulling Taemin to sleep, he hugs Kai tighter unconsciously, burrowing his face on the other's neck. Kai stopped abruptly. Feeling the hot breath on his neck, surprise by his body's own response, he feels something weird in his stomach, his heart beating hard in his ribcage and he's sure his face is flushed red. He nudge Taemin. The latter just moan in response making his breath hitch up again. "Don't you dare sleep on me" he whisper but the words are empty, his senses are not working properly, he's lost.

As he feels the breath on his neck became even, after making sure Taemin is really asleep already. He closes his eyes and sigh. I really need to get him home. Despite of the fact that they're in a public place and that he's with someone he didn't fully know, and his mind is at mess, he dared to risk to be recognize and be known. He just want Taemin to be safe, away from the prying eyes of other people who might take him away. And ofcourse, away from that Minho. His teeth gritted at the thought of that Frog boy. He's something I don't like. He's a threat.

And in just a blink of an eye, like a ghost, they disappeared on the middle of the street. Taemin was half conscious then, but didn't dare react, his mind was heavy with sleep and in a moment he was being laid on his comfortable bed. But before his unconscious fully kicks in, he felt something warm and soft on his lips, Kai kissed him. And then everything went black, his consciousness slipping away.