𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

✦EDITED✦

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Bogarts, Brooms and Mandrake Roots

As September merged into October, and a cool breeze filled the air, the castle was becoming tense. After the events that befell the month before, the teachers kept what had happened very quiet, and the students that had been present during the incident did not know what they had seen either. Apparently, nobody was looking towards the victim when it happened. It wasn't until the 3rd of October that the Headmaster revealed that a student had been petrified and that the teacher thought it had been a potion she had found.

The next day, while sitting in History of Magic, professor Bins interrupted Persephone's studies telling the girl she was needed in the hospital wing. 

Making her way through the corridors, Persephone was confused. Why would she be needed in the hospital wing? She was in perfect health, after all. Pushing the large doors open, the blonde found herself alone in a room with one other occupant. The Ravenclaw girl. She was petrified with her eyes wide open, staring just under where her hand had been frozen. 

Persephone remembered what the Headmaster had told them, about it being a potion. She had been found holding a potion vial to her face after all. But Persephone knew better than that. There were only two potions that could petrify a student and leave them alive, these being the Draught of Seconds End, which petrifies the taker when they are seconds before death and has only been recorded to have been successful once. The other being the Medusa's Eye, which will petrify you and let you live without any need for food or water. Both of these needing ingredients that one must go through multiple stages of verification and paperwork to receive. 

"Persephone," A voice said, bringing the girl's attention away from the young Ravenclaw. "I'm glad you could make it." 

"Hello Madame Pomfrey, was it you who asked for me?" The sixth-year smiled at the mediwitch, turning towards her. 

"Yes, it was me. We are just waiting for two other students. Shouldn't be too long," The older woman told her, walking over to her cupboard, likely holding medical potions. Soon enough, two other students arrived. Minerva McGonagall and Lawrence Miller, two Gryffindors. 

The Head Girl and the other Potions prodigy.

"There they are. Good," Madame Pomfrey brought the three students towards the Ravenclaw who was lying in the bed. "Since Professor Slughorn is so busy, he asked me to get his top students to come to help me determine how to go about this." The three students looked at each other, then back at the nurse.