𝒔𝒊𝒙

✦EDITED✦

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒙 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓

December snuck up on the students quickly and silently. November merging into the month of Christmas, the snow on the ground began to stick around for longer periods. It was officially the Christmas season, and students were starting to feel the joy of the holidays. Not too many Christmas decorations had been put up, but the halls seemed to smell of gingerbread and pine more than anything else. The Quidditch season had been going quite smoothly for the Slytherins, them winning many of their games. Frog Choir had been how it always was, and the students were nearly ready to perform for Christmas. 

"Alright, students," Professor Merrythought stood in front of the choir, with her baton in hand. "I thought we should try out this new Christmas song." She smiled as the sheet music silently glided towards her students. Persephone grasped the paper and read the name. Sleigh Ride it read, composed by Leroy Anderson. The Slytherin glanced at the lyrics. Just hear those sleigh bells jingling tingle tingling too. She raised her eyebrow slightly, turning towards her friends. 

"I think this is a muggle song... It's odd." She laughed slightly. 

"Yeah, but I'm excited," Annabeth responded. 

The Frog Choir was a relatively small group of students from each house, each separated into one of four categories based on their vocal capabilities. Baritones for the deepest voices, Tenors for the highest male voices, Alto for the lowest female voices and Soprano for the highest voices. Persephone and Annabeth stood amongst the Sopranos while Lilith stood with the Altos. The group had gotten the name because they used trained frogs for emphasis and lower notes. Persephone first thought this was quite odd but had gotten used to the frogs. 

"Alright, let's try and sight-read it." The Professor straightened up and raised her arms. 

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

The next morning, Persephone sat in her Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom and sat with Abraxas. The lesson that day was defensive spells and non-verbal magic as well. The students were at the level where they would have to learn to control their power without using words to create spells. Abraxas complained about how that didn't make sense and why they would have words in the first place if you would learn them without later on. Persephone could see other students roll their eyes. 

"We could have been learning this from the beginning!" He exclaimed dramatically, slumping back in his chair as his eyes followed the professor as she showed the students what to do.