𝒕𝒆𝒏

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

𝑨 𝑩𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅

Gowned in her best dress, Persephone sat tapping her foot against the floor. Her slim and deep red ankle-length dress swayed against her skin. Clutched in her hand was a bunch of the fabric and her other tapped the stone bench. It was the annual Slughorn Christmas Ball, the last day of school for some, before Christmas break. 

Many students left earlier in the week, on the first of two trains home. The only students who stayed were mostly 7th years, those waiting for Christmas and the Slug Club. Amongst the students who had left were most of Persephone's friends. Lillith's mother, Amethyst, had sent her daughter an Owl that read that she must return home on the first train. Arthurs chose to leave early, despite spending most of his Christmasses at the school and Nancy, as well as a few other students, were transferred to Saint Mungo's. Persephone's mother, Julliette, was one of the Medi-Witches taking care of the girl. 

This left Persephone, Abraxas, Annabeth and Joseph sitting awkwardly while the other students chatted amongst themselves. The Jazzy Swing music uplifted the room as everyone danced, but the music was just background noise for the group. 

"Your hair looks nice," Abraxas interrupted the muted silence as he stared at Persephone's styled hair. She didn't often spend much time on her hair, usually just leaving it down whether natural or with ringlet curls. However, Annabeth, with her slightly upbeat attitude, suggested otherwise. With one of her many beauty spells, she gave the blonde the ever so famous Victory Rolls that framed her face perfectly and went along perfectly with the slight Pompadour. 

"Thank you," Persephone smiled, noticing the boys robes, they were deep emerald green, and the colour shifted in the light. "I like the colour." Persephone trailed off, pointing at the suit. 

Before somebody attacked Nancy, Persephone had been secretly hoping that Abraxas would ask her. However, that wasn't her top priority at this point. She wasn't even sure why she was there. 

"There you are! Ms. Bell, I was telling Minerva here that Kettleburn and Beery will have the Mandrakes ready by the time you're back from your holidays." Professor Slughorn waltzed over with the Head girl hot on his tail. The woman smiled towards Persephone, her hair done flawlessly, and her knee-length yellow dress matching her sun-kissed skin. 

"Kettleburn?" Joseph asked, looking away from the dancing students, towards the professor. "How long has he been back for?"

"He's been here all year!" Annabeth laughed, shaking her head. 

Professor Kettleburn had gotten into quite a heap of trouble in Persephone's 4th year while putting on a Play. The story was the ever so controversial Fountain of Fair Fortune, in which Kettleburn supplied some magical creature. The play ended in disaster, and there's a reason the school hasn't put on a show since.