𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

✦EDITED✦

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

𝑷𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏

As the Winter Ball approached, the weather became bitter and cold. Blizzards were a weekly occurrence, and the Slytherin dorms had officially become unbearably cold. Since the water at the edges and shallow parts of the Black Lake had frozen over, and the Slytherin's dorms were underneath the lake, the students often became cold in the depths of the night.

It was a yearly occurrence when a few of the older students and the Slytherin 5th and 6th-year prefects would ask the Headmaster to cast a healing spell on the dungeons to allow them to sleep peacefully.

"I can't believe we still have to do this..." Cedrella Black, scoffed to herself as she walked next to Persephone, towards the Headmaster's office.

The students felt the need to go together, since they had spent most of their time at Hogwarts hatted by the other houses, and thought that they could only achieve their goal if they asked as a group.

"You would think they'd put a heating spell on the castle in November." The 5th year male prefect replied from behind the three girls. It was a small group of six students; Cadrella, the 5th year prefects, Edward and Harmony, and Persephone and Thomas.

It was late on Friday the 17th, and the group had made time in their days for this.

As the group approached the Headmaster's office entrance, the staircase began to appear as if it was expecting the visit. Glancing at each other quizzically, the students stepped onto the stairs. Stepping off of the staircase once it reached the top, they slowly approached the tall doors. The beautiful Head Girl glanced at the other students, who shrugged their shoulders. She then knocked on the door.

"Come in." A loud voice spoke from the other side. Persephone opened the door, and the students walked into the room. "What a surprise! What can I do for you?" Armando Dippet stood in his office, feeding his Eagle that stood perched in its large cage.

"We came to ask about the heating..." Edward responded, biting his lip as he glances at the other students, who nodded in agreement. The Headmaster looked at the students in shock before facepalming calmly.

"I swear, I'm getting more and more forgetful... I'm so sorry." He chuckled, his face contorting to one that calmed the tense students. "I should ask Professor Dumbledore to take care of that for the future years. I'll take care of it."

"Thank you," Harmony responded, a smile on her face.

"From now on, you won't have to ask." The older man promised, a jolly smile on his face. As the students went to leave, Armando Dippet stoped them. "Persephone?"