𝟎𝟎𝟖

— ☾—

— ☾—

008 - POPCORN
팝콘

SOOKJA KNOCKED AGAIN. sighing again as she snuck further into the cotton sleeves of her jumper, wondering when the blossom of spring would finally overthrow the reign of winter. speculating when the warmth of the new season would exorcise the demons that continued to stalk her.

the past few days had been left saturated with twists and turns; spilling over and staining the following days with its pigment.

jungkook turned.

seokjin is a beast.

serene was murdered.

and everything that was happening came from the dictation of the devil.

the night dominated days seemed to sink further into an ocean of ebony enigma that only labelled everyone as a possible suspect. knowing now that she played a cruel game. a game to find the wolves in sheep's clothing.

and yet, her hunt for the culprit who gave in and relished in their beastly nature had been postponed as she stood outside of jungkook's home.

his absence from school only highlighting how he was the one left the most wounded from these events. left to be buried alive in the isolated darkness that swarmed every one of them. "jungkook? it's sookja." she called out, hoping that her name acted as the key to the boy.

just as hope abandoned her, hesitant and sluggish clicks echoed from the wooden frame of the door. moaning open to reveal a jungkook she almost failed to recognise.

a clear lack of sleep had drained the bright pigments underneath his eyes, only showing enough mercy to leave a few reluctant slithers of beige behind. brunette eyes left dull and blank even in the fragile spotlight of the moon.

he was broken.

"what are you doing here?" his voice, lacking any volume, spoke. "i'm here to check on you because friends, believe it or not, get worried when their friends don't come into school for days and don't answer their texts or calls. mr kim had to tell me what happened to you."

"why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

his lips remained barren of words or even sound. the only clarification that he was still responsive being the door widening with a further aged groan. sluggish steps pulled him back into the oiled-shadows of his home.

sookja following him. "why am i suddenly getting the silent treatment? i just want to help you koo—."

"what if i don't want your help? huh?!" jungkook's voice fractured the atmosphere with its sudden growth in volume. her heart left to shrivel and quiver in her chest as its fast beat was fuelled by something sookja hadn't felt in a long time.