𝟎𝟏𝟕

— ☾—

— ☾—

017 - TOGETHER
함께

IT FELT WRONG in sookja's eyes seeing namjoon like that. watching how control slipped so easily through his fingers as she spectated the consequences of leaving korea all those years ago unravel in front of her; taking the form of namjoon's body painful shifting into the monster she let him become by leaving him alone with a blood thirsty odette.

attempting to distract herself with the scars inflicted by her own claws that had broken through the cemented walls, that covered all four borders of the cellar. yet, namjoon's cries and restless frame always brought her eyes back to the sight she resented.

it was hard to imagine the sweet namjoon she knew so well turn into a monster like that.

"y-you know—." namjoon's voice ventured even if it was left bruised by the waves of agony that rippled through his body. "the-the whole p-point of you being here is to-to distract me a-and make su-sure i don't escape." he could barely spare a small chuckle.

"i-i'm sorry i know i know. it's just—it-it doesn't feel right... watching you like this." the girl finally confessed, fingers already forming into anxious knots similar to the ones forming in her abdomen. "i guess-i guess it's only really hitting me now that you're... that you're like me now."

even though the other was being tortured from the inside out, it didn't prevent him from ornamenting the soft doe eyes that reminded her that he was still the same namjoon from all those years ago. the same one that bought her popcorn. the same one that walked her from the academy to the station and then home. the same namjoon who told her that he loved her no matter what. or a fragment of him anyway. "i-i know... but there's noth-nothing we can do about it n-now." he continued to choke on the bones that only snapped and reformed faster and faster as time went on.

telling sookja she was only running out of time with him.

"i should have told you about odette... i should have told you everyth—." namjoon's rather loud cry of pain seemingly stampeded sookja's voice into silence. his eyes opening once again only to unveil the scorning eyes that were coloured like hell's fires.

the smirk sketched on his lips clarifying that namjoon no longer possessed control. "you think you can trick everyone don't you?" the slight demonic distortion sent shivers to crawl up her spine; making her tremble as she only had the choice to recoil from his ever darkening figure. "you make it seem like you're trying to help when you're the one trying to kill everyone off." he scoffed.

"i know what you're doing."

"i know you're not actually sookja."