𝟎𝟏𝟓

— ☾—

— ☾—

015 - ANOTHER LIFE
다른

THE LAST NOTE of the swan lake radiated across the stage. heart beat left to pulsate frantically in her chest as she attempted to hunt her lost breath that had fled from her at some point during the dance. abused feet imprisoned in her anaemic linen ballet shoes cried for help along with the rest of her aching body, that begged her to relinquish her frame from the pose. her own words the only thing that roamed in her mind.

a dignified applause gave her the permission to break free from the elegant yet torturing pose. "fantastic work as always, miss seong." the director praised as the applause of his disciples and the remainder of the cast and chorus eventually faded along with the mellow lighting.

she smiled after having bowed, making her way off the stage; attempting to disguise the discomfort in her own bones as she saw her best friend, odette. "you were so good, soosoo." the blonde squealed underneath the cover of a whisper. "thank you, but i really don't know if i'm going to be able to do it on the night. i'm going to be exhausted by the time i have to do the scene." expired sookja.

"don't be so silly!" the girl playfully hit her. "you'll be amazing on the night i know it."

odette had always taken the role of sookja's loyal advocate; supporting her whenever she physically could. yet, a part of sookja had always suspected that envy had lurked in odette's mind, especially when sookja was casted as odette, the swan princess, and odette was casted as odile. the blonde, in sookja's eyes, was perfectly illustrated for the role of the swan princess with her abundance of grace and elegance only to accompany her fair, innocent features.

but, the director clearly didn't see her in the same way.

she was scared of the strain this would place on their bond, yet, odette claimed odile was just as good as a role. putting every ounce of herself into her routines even if it clearly left nothing to her world outside of ballet.

"do you want to go down town and get some shopping done for the performance? i still need to get stage makeup." odette spoke as the two walked down the steps of the ballet academy; jet black track suits, engraved with the academy's name, only just hiding their leotards. "i would love to, but not tonight. yujin needs babysitting and—."

"sookja!"

they both turned towards the familiar masculine voice of namjoon. seeing his dorky personality already manifesting itself through his rather bashful wave. "namjoon said he was going to walk me to the subway. you can come with us too if you want?" sookja asked.