𝟎𝟏𝟖

— ☾—

— ☾—

018 - WOLF
늑대

JUNGKOOK ONLY GROANED when the door was knocked yet again. forcing himself to relinquish himself from the soft cradle of the bed that had sheltered him throughout the night. sookja simply stirring in her sleep as jungkook made his way downstairs.

the knocking only grew louder with desperation as he ventured closer to it. puffing an exhausted breath as he struggled to unlock the door; hoping sookja wouldn't wake up with all the noise. "what are you doing here?" the boy puzzled, still brushing the disheveled strands of raven out of his sluggish eyes.

the door was now agape, revealing the character would had showed no mercy for conserving early morning's tranquility. that character being hoseok. "i'm here to warn you. about sookja." the older spoke; only leaving the other to question if his senses were coaxing him with their malfunction.

"warn me about sookja? what-what are you talking about?" inquired the raven-haired boy; eyes continuing to glance to the stairs to make sure the girl wasn't standing behind him. "we have evidence against her. we think that she might be the killer." hoseok continued, not allowing jungkook any time to reply as he forced a file into the boy's chest.

"the very day that sookja left korea for inewood was the same day that her younger sister was seen... alive." he explained as the younger reluctantly opened the file; being greeted by barbarically illustrated images of crimson and vermillion. barely able to recognise that it was a frame of a young girl.

"she was found a couple of days later in some woods, torn apart as you can clearly see. don't you think that looks like the work of a beast out of control?"

jungkook didn't bother to answer his question, simply forcing the paper back into the officer's chest. "look, we both know that there were multiple other beasts in seoul at that time. we also know odette was out to get sookja and still is for that matter. so, the next time you try to pin the guilt on my girlfriend, try and find some proper evidence." jungkook growled, oblivious to how his eyes had already been set aflame by the fury that was burning inside of him.

the older simply scoffed. "god—do you know how naïve you are sometimes? we already know that sookja is out of control and is killing. remember when she woke up covered in blood and we told her it was animal blood? well—it wasn't."

"then if it wasn't animal blood on her then why didn't you arrest her on the spot, huh?" jungkook asked, unable to fight against the demonic distortion which was slowly weaving and entangling itself within his voice. "and what? arrest her without a body? only get people more paranoid about there being monsters amongst us? give her the chance to run off again and only let more people get hurt in a town where no one knows what she really is?" hoseok bit back.