"Don't Worry" - Senku x Reader

Senku, as usual, was in the science club room during lunch. But, unusually, he was just sitting and watching the clock, frowning.

S/o was late.

They were never late. They always made it on time for the crazy experiments they would conduct. Senku frowned, watching as more seconds went by. He looked at his phone, seeing at all his messages to s/o were unread.

Oddly, the room felt... quiet. Even though there were some of the other nerds, it didn't felt quite right. He didn't realize but s/o's presence made him feel at peace, and since you two were always together he didn't like this unsettling unease.

"Bro, is something wrong with President?"

"I think so, he never acted like this before."

"It's obvious what's bothering him! S/o isn't here!"

Growing tired of all the whispers and becoming restless, he finally stood up and headed for the door but was interrupted when it creaked open. S/o silently opened it and closed it, mumbling a solemn "Sorry I'm late."

They depressingly walked to their seat, as if a stormy rain cloud was following them. The room was even quieter now.

The rest of the club members gulped, shuffling out the door, nodding in agreement that it was best to leave Senku to deal with s/o.

S/o was slumped over the desk, face buried on it. Senku tentatively walked over to them and sat in the next seat, unsure of how to comfort them.

"S/o, are you ok?"

No response. Senku cracked his neck uncomfortably.

"Bag." Senku piped up at the sound of their voice. Bag?

He reached for their bag and opened it. Carelessly stuffed inside was a sheet of paper. He unfolded it and immediately knew why s/o was acting like this.

"S/o..."

"I can't believe it Senku. I'm the Vice President of the science club and I can't even freaking do science."

"That's not true, s/o."

"Then how come I got a 54 on the stupid science exam?!" they cried out in frustration, tears pricking the corner of their eyes.

"A grade doesn't define how smart you are. To me, you're smarter than all the other blockheads who don't even know what the 4 phases of matter are. You're the only one who tries to understand science. And you're doing damn well. That's why you're my Vice President. That's why you always get the questions I ask right."

S/o's crying ceased, their eyes widening at this. "Senku..."

"Kukuku, don't worry about some test. I'll even help you study for the next one."

"Senku!!" s/o squealed as they launch themselves into Senku, squeezing him hard.

"Oi!! You're breaking my entire body!!!!" s/o loosened their grip, giggling.

"Sorry," they apologized, "I just didn't know you could be so sweet!"

A slight blush formed on his face. "I am not sweet s/o."

"Yea yea yea. Whatever you say, sweetie. Now, explain this question to me."

"S/o, I am ten billion percent sure I am not a sweetie!"