Senku, Tsukasa, and Gen Comforting S/O After Nightmare HCS

S/o and him were relaxing after a long day of grueling work. Both of them were ready to conk out for the day and sleep. And somehow, Senku was in the mood to cuddle. Well, Senku's idea of cuddling isn't really how most people cuddle.

They were lying on the soft grass right outside the lab, both them of deciding that they were too tired to move an inch. The moon was high in the sky, the star's twinkling. Senku's arm was loosely wrapped around his s/o's and he could feel s/o's face nuzzle into his chest.

S/o slightly squeezed his hand and intertwined their fingers with his, mumbling a "Goodnight, love," before quickly dozing off. Senku's ears went red, it still embarrassed him when they said things like that.

Senku is actually a pretty light sleeper, so the shuffling of s/o woke him up.

Senku's eyes slowly opened, blinking, slightly annoyed that he had woken up. A tinkle of pain shot through his chest as he snapped and was fully away now.

Even though it was dark outside, the stars in the sky provided enough light to see s/o's face twisted in pain. He felt their fingers grip into his clothes and his hand was being squeezed by theirs.

"Senku..." they mumbled, "don't go... don't leave me alone.."

For once, Senku felt a painful twinge in his heart. He knew what was happening. His beloved s/o was having a nightmare.

Senku gently shook them awake, watching as their teary eyes opened. He ran his fingers through their hair, fully waking them up.

"Senku...!" they gasped as they buried their face into his chest. They quietly sobbed.

Senku wasn't too sure of what to do. I mean, he never saw them act like this. He kept holding them and caressing their hair.

"I had a nightmare about when Tsukasa killed you," they began, "but you never woke up..."

Senku remained silent. "S/o, look. It's the Big Dipper."

"What?" S/o looked at him incredulously and then looked at the sky. "Yeah, I see it too."

He pointed to another spot in the sky. "Over there is the Orion." S/o followed his line of sight and nodded.

"And over there is Vega, the star of love. Of star crossed lovers," he grinned, watching as his s/o's face turned bright red.

"S/o, you don't have to worry about me leaving you anything soon. Tsukasa can't do anything to us right now."

S/o smiled into his chest as their eyelids got heavy once again. "Thank you Senku.."

"Kukuku, anything for you s/o."

"Mhmm... I love you, Senku"

There was a pause. Senku softly smiled as he watched his s/o doze off once again.

"I love you too s/o, ten billion percent."

"S/o-chan, s/o-chan! Let's just go to sleep already!" Gen whined as he wrapped his arms around s/o and rested his head on the crook of their neck.

"Alright Gen, I'm coming! Geez, you're persistent," s/o huffed as they gave into his request. Gen cheered as he tugged on their hand. S/o gently smiled at his silliness.

They both collapsed on their shared bed, their muscles sore from the days' work. Immediately, Gen pulled s/o close, snaking his arms around their body and burying his face into them.