Prologue

White crystals slowly found their way to the floor. Each and every one of them was unique and beautiful in their own way, however it's hard for us, humans, to distinguish.

It's hard — nearly impossible — for us to see all the small details of a flake.

We have a chance though, by catching it with our mere hands, we get a glimpse lasting not any longer than some seconds.
We can see the beauty of a snowflake by destroying it.

❅ 

She wasn't exactly new in Beacon Hills, although her last visit lagged multiple years. Eleven to be exact, since her mother and father separated leading to the suicide of the latter, she haven't been wasting one second about thinking to come back. She did anyways.  A lot has happened during this time not only in her life.  Somewhat seemed off in this town she once proudly used to call her home. 
Beacon Hills didn't fit this description anymore. The town where She used to play with her kindergarten friends and hadn't had to worry about anything.

At the age of thirty-three, she knew better that those times were eventually over. Her mother has made a final wish before her upcoming death. She wanted to see the grave of her ex-espouse, so she could make peace with him and their history. The circumstances of their break-up were unknown to her. 

" Excuse me, miss. I don't want to interfere in your personal life, nonetheless you are standing in this parking for half an hour without moving an inch, May I ask if anything is fine?"
A middle-aged man stood right before me, his blue eyes staring at me worried. The description of a middle-aged man was the understatement of this century. He was gorgeous.
And by gorgeous, I mean seriously gorgeous. It's this type of gorgeous making me wonder how blessed some human beings actually were. He simply had to be a model or an angel, although that couldn't be the case since I'm not exactly believing in god or any other supernatural force. 
Or at least, I refuse to accept the fact of a spiritual force letting my mama having a brain tumour and well, the death of my father didn't exactly help to convince me of the opposite.

" Do I really look that desperate and heartbroken?" I ditched his question with another question. Always a good strategie. He stepped closer to me, the worry in his eyes increased.
" Are you?" His voice sent shivers down my spine. Okay, I got why people assume I'm desperate. I  truely was desperate. 

He breathed heavily,
" I have to beg your pardon for my direct manner, but I can't see such a beautiful lady standing in this dull parking lot at midnight. Beacon Hills isn't exactly what you would call a perfect sweet, goody-goody village without any crimes or... homicides. "
I didn't know what bothered me more, the fact that someone appeared to be murdered in this village or that this handsome man just called me beautiful. Was I dreaming? Next level desperation.
I couldn't been dreaming, I've never seen this man and in dreams you were only supposed to see the people you've actually met in real life! 

" So if I'm not mistaken, you wouldn't worry about me if I didn't fit your standards or was a man. Well then, I should be honoured and thank my father for not giving me his y-chromosome. " 
Sarcasm as Self-Defence, up to this day it has always worked wonders.
Don't mistaken me, I still think this man is too beautiful for his own good, however it doesn't change the fact that we were standing in a parking lot at midnight, and he started a conversation with me. He seemed sincere, yet who really was sincere these days?

The model started to smile, i literally felt my knees turn to jelly. Dammit. That's not how a strong, self-sufficient, independent women should behave. Calm down, breathe. In and out.
"
That is a bold assumption ", he stepped closer, i automatically took one backward. He seemed to enjoy this dominance over me. Screw him.
This play continued until the building thwarted our plan with a beton wall. His two arms trapped me. His head was dangerously close to mine. Instinctively, a whimper left my mouth.
My heart hammered against my chest, my whole body was on fire.
" How about we grab a coffee some time, maybe next week and I can prove my kindness and empathy to you. I am a really nice human being. " Then where are the appropriate characteristics of a gentleman? Giving Personal space for example?

I won't give him the satisfaction of achieving what he wants. At least, not that easily.  There were a few moments where I was genuinely pleased with my actions and my appeal on others. This would be one of them. 

With all of my strength, I shoved him aside to untuck me from his grip. The surprising effect was on my side, so it indeed worked as I had imagined it in my head. I swung around and positioned us the same way we were but with switched roles.
His smirk verified my actions. Now it was my turn.
" How about you give me proof you won't fool around with me since it's the last thing I need currently. Your face is just too handsome for my senses to fully believe in the sincerity of your words." I knew stereotypes weren't always true and didn't suit everyone, yet all the men I've met in my beautiful and perfect life strived for dominance. Just like him, it's the trait he shared with  other men.
" The perfect proof would be at eight pm next Tuesday", he murmured into my right ear.
I bit my lip, the sexual tension around this man was incredibly high. 
" Next Wednesday and you wouldn't have to drink coffee alone. " The two corners of my lips arose challengingly.
" Don't worry about me", he answered mockingly, " Until Wednesday then. "