XVIII

As I silently made my way through Peter's flat, the first thing I had to realize was that my body still fought against the pain and apparently, it was not on the winning side. Once in a while I had to pause in order to refocus and suppress the raising aches inside me. My breath was unsteady just as my heart beat.
All in all, I felt terrible. The energy from the shower faded rapidly the further my path continued, though some still remained within me and forced me to keep looking for Peter.
I need answers, now.

The flat was furnished in a simple and minimalist style consisting mainly out of black, white and grey shades. Until now, I had seen no personal belongings such as photos in any room I had passed.

When I walked by the living room, a black clock with white hands reassured my assumption about time. It was currently two in the morning and the night lightly illuminated the place.
Where the heck are you, Peter?
I was about to turn around, when another door caught my attention. It was a transparent one out of glass revealing yet another "room" to check. The door led to a balcony outside.

Uneasiness accompanied by doubt began to prosper in my mind. All of those "what if"-questions which made me fall ill again. I hated them the most since they were nothing but useless. Someone will never know the answers until he started to take action by himself.
My hand trembled. I stepped toward the balcony with greeted teeth not caring about my physical state anymore.
Even if it would kill me, I had enough of being a pathetic wimp. I clenched my fists tightly trying to put the pain in a chest and lock it deeply inside me.

The fresh air greeted me hearty as I stepped outside onto the dark grey stone plates of the balcony.
" You're awake", a raspy voice stated from the other side making his presence known to me. He sounded terrible hoarsely.
" So are you at two in the morning", I replied in the same emotionless tone not able to think about a cheeky answer at all at this moment. Without showing a hint of the boiling pain running through my veins, I approached him in the best normal pace I had in my repertoire.

He turned around and leaned on the frame, so he could observe me quietly. A typical cocky smile on his lips: "With what can I provide you with, my lady?" He could not be serious.
" Cut the crap, Peter." I immediately answered, "I want answers about this ongoing bullshit."
" Well, I am one of the dozens of supernatural creatures here in Beacon Hills. An alpha werewolf to be exact. "
So now genetic defect or sparkling vampires? Works for me. I simply nodded to signal him to continue. I definitely needed more than a short moment to process this information.

" And the reason why you are feeling like crap on two legs is that I bit you in order to transform you into one as well. " I looked at him trying to hide away all of my emotions. The urge to slap him in the face was especially hard to suppress. Hatred and Love weren't too far away from one another as I originally thought. He glanced at me waiting for any reaction on face, I did not give him this satisfaction. As hard as it was, I managed to keep my neutral demeanour. Frankly, He could have at least tried to say it in a nicer way

" The pain you are feeling will eventually fade, either by the end of the transformation or ..."
" Death ", I finished the sentence for him. How could I still remain calm? Everything I wanted now was to punch him a dozen times. The rage rushed through me with high speed. Everywhere he passed, an ablaze fire rose. A fire made of destruction to cause destruction.

" So basically, you put my life at danger to make me some sort of supernatural creature, even though I never consented it or was asked about anything?"

At this point I was convinced his reflexes had to be extraordinary as well. Nonetheless, I did not stop me from slapping him as fast as I could. The pain nearly brought me to tears, though it absolutely was worth it.
" I cannot cope with staying here any longer", my voice spoke out what my mind was thinking about. I needed some alone time to fully comprehend what he just had said.
" You definitely have more strength than I thought. " He mumbled before grabbing my wrist. I hissed aggressively.
"Do not touch me."

" As your alpha, I have the responsibility for you. Therefore, you have to stay here until I can sleep without worrying about you massacring every object in your immediate surrounding. "

" I am not your dog. "

" We are a pack. "

" No thank you."

" It is not a choice, Ava. "

" But it is a choice to stay here. "

I freed myself from his grip.

"Let's assume you would return to your normal life. After the first full moon in three days, you would be dead killed by werewolf hunters. You need me, Ava".
He spun me around and forced me to face him: "Just like I need you." My glance landed on our intertwined hand, then on his serious face. I was about to slap him again.
However, his lips pressed onto mine before I had a chance to do so. His kisses intoxicated me.
Infatuated me. Made my pain go away.
I automatically kissed him back although in my mind I mentally cursed myself again for being so weak.

Suddenly, a male voice began singing in my head. You're lying, lying to yourself, that he'll find help. That he will change to someone else. It was from a song I heard on the radio once or twice. I did not remember the name nor the singer. But you're broken on the floor still asking him for more.
Nonetheless, the situation was clearly stuck in my mind. Me driving late at night at home after another catastrophic working day. I turned the radio on in order to resist the tempting urge to just sleep in. I already associated myself with this song back then, since Peter nearly always occupied my thoughts, though now it completely hit differently.

More painfully, more realistically.