December 19th

Rob

Rob woke early and Michelle was still softly snoring next to him. He turned to his side and pressed himself against her warm naked form. They had both felt awkward the night before when they climbed into bed without pajamas. They had been lovers for almost half their lives, so there wasn't any reason to be embarrassed. Rob knew he was soft in the middle, not to the extent he had a beer belly, but he used to be in better shape. Big lunches and late dinner or take out at his desk when he worked night after night hadn't done him any favors.

He took in her flowery scent and his morning stiffness grew rock hard. He hoped his presence might wake her up, but she didn't stir. Reluctantly, he climbed out of bed and the minute his feet hit the cold floor he felt the pressure in his balls lessen. Quickly dressing in warm clothes, he quietly left their bedroom before Michelle stirred.

Unsure of what to do, he picked up his phone and perused his email, he tapped on an email for a professional organization. It was discussing the administration and the H1-B visa. The lack of skilled workers required Rob to deal with a lot of visas and it was tedious and time consuming. Reading the article was as effective as a cold shower, not as effective as thinking of his parents having sex. Why did you have to go there? He cursed and was suddenly limp. Knowing his parents they were as active as he'd been the past eighteen hours on a regular basis. Oh Lord, stop!

Coffee was what he needed, so he bundled up for a walk to the world's best. He didn't know what the day had in store, except hopefully more sex. Nagging at the back of his mind were Chell's concerns about going back to their real life. They were valid although it was two weeks away. Things were always better for their marriage in Maine. Part of it was because he was more relaxed. He was guilty of more than just working long hours. Stress and worry about things at the company when he was home put a strain on their marriage. Working for a corporation, he was always trying to please the board and the shareholders which often conflicted with his job responsibilities of advocating for the employees. In truth, he felt helpless to turn things around professionally, especially when decisions were made he didn't agree with.

Unlike in the summer, The Landing was practically empty and Rick greeted him as he entered. "I heard you were coming for Christmas!"

"No secrets on The Point." Everyone knew news traveled quickly among the population.

He sat down to enjoy his coffee and looked up when the bell rang. He watched as Jim Currier entered and greeted Rick. Jim walked over to Rob.

"This is a surprise."

"We were looking for a change."

Jim nodded as if he understood. Rob liked the older man, they had a lot in common, especially since they were both workaholics, except Jim escaped by retiring from the company he started.

"So how goes the battle?"

"I think I'm losing it to be honest."

"Problems with the job?"

"No, worse. The kids are gone. I work too much. It's like we don't know each other anymore."

Jim studied him hard. "My Deb and I had plenty of struggles. It took some work, but we found a balance. We both had our own interests... obviously she liked to travel." Rob just nodded, acknowledging he understood Jim's wife died in an accident while on vacation with her best friend. "A few Christmases ago it was me, my two boys and a girl Dan invited sitting in front of a turkey dinner I bought cooked from Hannaford. A grocery store dinner. I never thought I'd be happy again, but now we'll have a full house with little ones. If I learned anything it's you're never too old to be in love. My Lord, I feel like a teenager because of love." Jim had recently remarried.