December 19th

Michelle

Michelle was semi-awake when Rob pressed into her back. She waited to see just how far he would go and was almost disappointed - almost because they had done it three times the day before. She fell back to sleep after he left.

She had only been up a few minutes when he came back with her coffee. She studied him. He looked different - more relaxed, happy. Was it being here or was it because he got out all his pent up frustration? Either way, she liked it and it made her want to put her arms around him and kiss him breathless. Instead, she sipped her coffee and perused the food section in the paper.

He was reading the paper as she went to shower and dress. When she came out, he was texting on his phone. "Work?"

"Nope." He answered distracted.

Her mind automatically raced to who it could be. If it was one of their kids, he would say. He looked up at her and as if reading her mind said, "Hey Chell, I was just ironing out your surprise, so don't worry and don't ask. Trust me, sweetheart."

She did or at least she wanted to trust him. He had proved he wanted her, and she needed to stop questioning him. "Do I need to dress up for this surprise of yours?"

He contemplated a moment. "I love you in a dress and I assume you brought one for Christmas Eve Mass."

She brought a dress to wear, but it was not new or particularly special. "Maybe I should see about a new one before I food shop."

"Do you want me to sit outside the dressing room? I could hold your pocketbook."

He was either teasing or an imposter. "Who are you and what have you done with the real Robert Taylor?"

"Baby, you know it was all me yesterday."

Michelle rolled her eyes. "I'll try not to be too long. Can you keep out of trouble without me?"

"I think so, but if you're asking, I'm partial to a certain color which goes with your eyes."

Michelle felt a click in her brain and confirmed the date on the paper and the fact he made plans for the following night. "Is there any special reason you chose the twentieth for this surprise night out?"

"I don't know does the date mean anything to you?" He winked.

"I seemed to remember going to a Christmas party with Amber the same night twenty-five years ago. What were you doing?"

"I think if I remember correctly, it was the first day of the rest of my life. It was my last first kiss, and it was the night I held the hand of the love of my life. You?"

"You really mean it don't you?" He shocked her with everything he was doing and saying. He normally was far too busy to sweet talk her.

"Chellie, I will tell you every day, but you are the only one I need or want. I hate that I ever made you feel any other way. You think you're not good enough for me, but I often think I'm not good enough for you. You're my world. Trust me."

He had risen from the seat at the table and put his hands on her shoulders and looked directly in her eyes for his proclamation. "I love you. I am in love with you and always have been."

When his lips met her, she had tears in her eyes. She loved him. She always had loved him. Why had they been so stupid for so long? Separating she knew she had to leave or she never would.

"I'll try to be back in a few hours."

"Perfect. Maybe we can take a walk. I'd like to see the winter beach."

She smiled and forced herself out the door. She really didn't want to leave him. How could everything change in just one day? The Point was truly magical.