December 24th

Michelle

The forecast was for snow on Christmas day. Michelle had to brave the throngs of people and shop, so they could eat over the holiday. Christmas Eve was typically a busy food shopping day, by adding snow to the mix made it a zoo.

She blushed as she walked through the store remembering her morning. Rob had gone out for the coffee, as had become his job. When she woke, she only put on her bathrobe and sat scrolling through Facebook. She wasn't without faults and had what Rob referred to as a Facebook obsession, but she had been trying to limit herself.

She was looking at their niece Audrey's posts with pictures of the baby when Rob returned. He knew instantly what she was looking at. "I leave you for a few minutes and you're addicted."

"Hold on... I've barely been on since we got here." She held up a finger without even looking from her screen.

"Tell the truth." He teased.

She ignored him, because she really had no answer. She felt his hand on her thigh. "Let's see how riveting it really is."

Without warning, his face was between her legs. He hadn't in years - before Robbie, perhaps. Forget the pictures of the cute baby in a Christmas hat, in front of the tree. "Don't stop!"

He did for a moment. "Shush the neighbors!"

She wanted to say they didn't have any neighbors close enough, but she couldn't speak.

Upon completion, he smiled. "Coffee?"

She looked at the front of him. "You're seriously leaving it there?"

"I don't want your coffee to get cold." He teased.

"We have a microwave!"

He just laughed and dropped his pants.

"Focus Michelle." She tried to decide on a loaf of bread at the bakery.

They had a relaxing day. They went for a walk and stopped at the fish market for haddock for dinner and lobster meat for Christmas. She planned to make a lobster and pasta dish Rob loved. She felt sad when Robbie called. They had a nice conversation, but it reminded her they were missing their family Christmas.

"I'm sorry. I know you two must be lonely. Gram called me. She said you were a little lost, Mom, with having Christmas without us. At least Dad isn't working. It could have been worse."

Rob spoke up. "We miss you, but I'm trying to keep your mom happy enough."

He winked at her and she felt the heat in her cheeks. If they spent Christmas with the kids, they would have never acted the way they were. It was amazing the more they made love, the more she wanted it. Who knew a forty-eight-year-old woman could be so insatiable?

"We celebrated our dating anniversary, and your father bought me a beautiful ring. He's spoiling me."

"The Christmas party! I told Cayla that story, and she thought it was very romantic. She wants to meet you guys."

"We want to meet her." The girl who captured her son's heart.

"Maybe we can get away for a weekend." Rob suggested.

"That would be great. You could get away from the snow." Robbie offered.

With that, Rob started to explain they were due for some snow on Christmas.

When they bought the fish, Todd Evans invited them to his open house. The house was warm and full of faces they knew. Michelle had never been inside the oldest house on The Point. It was beautiful. There were children running around and many had grown since summer. She saw the teenagers huddled in the corner. There were many multigenerational families and new families with new babies and new marriages. The Point was constantly changing, but it also stayed the same. Rob stood in a corner having a deep conversation with Jim Currier. Michelle didn't really know the older man, but her husband liked him. She gravitated to Lilli and her mother, Betsy. They had been friends for years, not as close as she was to Kim, but Betsy was her best friend on The Point.