Queen of Mean

I followed all the rules
I drew inside the lines
I never asked for anything that wasn't mine
I waited patiently for my time
But when it finally came
He called her name
And now I feel this overwhelming pain
I mean it's in my veins
I mean it's in my brain
My thoughts are running in a circle like a toy train
I'm kinda like a perfect picture with a broken frame
I know exactly who to blame

You walked around the city. It looked like everyone was tuned in to watching Kitty Section perform. Walking into your home, you went straight toward your room. You hadn't even paid attention to your friends who were at your house to watch your performance live. But the moment they saw you, they knew something was up. 

"(y/n)..." Grace knocked on your bedroom door. She glanced at her friends, her brows knitting together with concern. "(y/n), what happened?"

"Nothing" They heard you from inside. "I want to be alone."

"(y/n) -" You heard Ruben's voice.

"Just go!" You yelled, your voice cracking. Tears were finally forming in your eyes and you fought to not let them fall. "Please. Just... leave"

Kwan stared at you. You were lying on your bed, hugging your pillow close to your chest. It was like looking at her old master's heartbroken state again. She hated it. Your tears stained the pillow as you began to slightly whimper. You grabbed the guitar pick that was resting on your bedside table. It was a dark blue pick that had a bright teal 'L' engraved in it. It was one of Luka's. He had given it to when you were children and learning how to play the instrument together. It was the guitar pick that his father gave him. He gave it to you on your first dance recital, saying it will take all of your negative thoughts away. 

I'm so stupid for getting excited over one conversation. We tease each other all the time. There was no hidden meaning in that conversation, and yet you thought there was. You thought that maybe, just maybe, Luka could see you as something more than just a friend. That he can see your obvious feelings for him and reciprocate them. That he could see that the two of you are the perfect pair. He even called you his muse. You were the one that inspired him to write, just like how he was your inspiration to dance. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. 

Like Luka had said, Marinette is the music playing inside his head. You're not. She's his new inspiration and that hurts. It feels like your chest was being stabbed by a thousand needles. Like your whole body was uncontrollably shaking as hot tears trailed down your cheeks and onto your pillow. You never thought heartbreak could be this painful. 

"(y/n)..." Kwan's tiny red eyes widen as she saw a purple butterfly fly through your window. Hawkmoth. "(y/n)!"

It hurts. This pain hurts. I loved him. I loved him my whole life. And he chose another. He chose her. He only met her a few months ago and he's already head-over-heels for Marionette. He says he loves you. He calls you someone special to him. He does things that make your stomach filled with butterflies and your heartbeat faster than it normally does. It hurts. Make this pain go away. Someone. Anyone.

All of my senses have left me defenseless

The purple butterfly flew onto the guitar pick you were holding. Your eyes snapped open. A butterfly-shaped light glowed right in front of your face. Your eyes were red from your tears and anger. 

This darkness around me
Is promising vengeance
The price that I'm willing to pay is expensive

Lamenter. I am Hawkmoth. The pain you feel is unbearable, and I'm giving you the power to make others feel it too. I only ask for Ladybug's and Chat Noir's miraculous in return. Do we have an agreement?

"Yes, Hawkmoth" You sat up, a smirk laying itself on your lips. Darkness surrounded you. Your clothes disappeared and transformed. A white baggy, long-sleeved, shirt formed around you until it reached midway your torso, black tights with white music notes on your thighs began to cover you from then on, and white knee-high boots finished your outfit. A black mask hid your eyes and a single tear formed into a broken heart, staying on your cheek like a tattoo. Your hair was loosely pulled to rest on your left shoulder. The guitar pick enlargened and your grip on it tighten.

"No!" Kwan shook her head in fear.

You opened your bedroom door, walking downstairs. All of your friends had turned to you. Their eyes widen at the sight of your new form. Their fear only made you feel stronger. It was like all of your past emotions vanished and fed your new self. It felt better than flying. Better than being Phoenix. It felt amazing. 

"(y/n)?" Lucien spoke.

"I am Lamenter" You corrected. Raising the guitar pick in the air like a fan, you motioned it to swipe at your friends. A black slice came out of the pick and hit them in the chest. The sudden feeling of immense pain stabbed their chest. Grace hovered her hand over her heart. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. It was like having thousands of heartburns at the same time. Seeing their hurt expressions made you smirk. You took in a deep breath, your shoulders rising, just before you let out an ear-piercing screech. Ruben covered his ears from hearing the heartbreaking wail. It sounded like your cries were being amped up by a million. Your friends eventually couldn't take it anymore and fell to their knees. They were moaning outcries that matched yours. "I'll make this whole damn city cry their hearts out"

I want what I deserve
I want to rule the world
Sit back and watch them learn
It's finally my turn