The One That Got Away

It's time to face the music, I'm no longer your muse

You didn't want to go home. You don't have the courage to face your friends. Normally, akumatized villains forget what happened while being under the influence of Hawkmoth, but you remembered. You remembered the pain you caused. I hurt them. I hurt my friends. I hurt Luka. 

Without even realizing it, you had landed on the rooftop of an elderly home. You weren't expecting to see anyone, but there she was. The sight of her made you want to cry all over again. You de-transformed and ran into the old woman's arms. "Granny!"

"Hush, my child" She spoke in a soft voice. Her arms wrapped around you. You gripped your hands on the fabric of her robe. Kwan was flying behind you, watching the whole scene play out.

"I... messed up." You sniffed.

"No, you did not" Your grandmother's soft tone turned stern as she pulled away from the hug. Her hands cupped your face, wiping your tears away with her thumbs. "You are human. It's okay to feel negative emotions. Hawkmoth or not. It's okay"

"Did you know?" You placed your hands on top of your grandmother's. "Did you know about the miraculous? About Kwan?"

She looked at you with an expression that told you yes. Her eyes looked sad as she moved her hands to hold yours. She looked down at your palms. "When my father handed me the pendant, I got curious. I had put it on a golden necklace chain I had lying around and put it on. That's how I met Kwan"

Kwan flew to rest on your grandmother's shoulder. Your grandmother smiled at the creature, nuzzling her cheek against the bird's flames. "There was no danger at the time, and there was no need for heroes, so I never used the miraculous. But Kwan and I remained friends. I had planned on giving it to your mother, but she showed no interest in the pendant. So I kept it."

"Why give it to me?" You asked, making her laugh lightly.

"The day you were born," Your grandmother began to explain. "When I first held you in my arms, it was the first time you opened your eyes. And I knew. I knew that within those beautiful (e/c) colored orbs there holds something magical. As I watched you grow, the more special I saw you become. You're strong-willed, smart, and though you most likely didn't want this responsibility, I knew that you would always do good."

"Granny" You placed your head on her left shoulder. She laughed, hugging you once more. "Everyone knows now. They know I'm Phoenix. I had one job, and that was to keep it a secret!"

"What could've you done? You would have fallen" You felt your grandmother pat your back. "Chat Noir and Ladybug weren't going to catch you in time"

"There's more" You pulled away. Your gaze fell to the ground before staring at your grandmother. Judging by your expression, she could tell that it was serious. She sighed. 

"Let's go inside and talk" She gave you a gentle smile.

----

(y/n) is Phoenix. She transformed right after she was akumatized. She's the mysterious hero. Luka thought while walking. He was so deep in thought that he didn't even realize that he was heading in the direction of your house. He needs to know what happened. What caused you to feel such pain? What did you mean when you said to him while Lamenter? He didn't care that you didn't tell him about being Phoenix. He could understand the idea of it being a secret identity, but everything else?

Luka entered your house. The rest of your friends were just watching the news story on the t.v. when he walked in. They got up and ran toward him. Before they could ambush him with questions, he spoke first. "Has (y/n) arrived yet?"