Creep

I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special

"Is something wrong, my lady?" Chat glanced at Ladybug. The two have just finished their patrol for the night and were sharing a nice break on the Eiffel Tower like they always do. They would talk about their thoughts, worries, and their day most of the time, but sometimes they would just watch the city lights in silence. It was these moments in which Chat Noir wished that Ladybug and he were a couple. But alas, every time he would confess, she would reject him.

"I'm just worried about Phoenix" The bluenette girl sighed. "Hawkmoth is going to be making her and the people she cares about his prime target now. I worry that... that -"

"That she won't give up her miraculous?" Chat finished her thought. Ladybug nodded, her head hanging low.

"I know that her kwami made a bond with her ancestors and they can't be apart from one another, but I can't help but think that it's the best thing to do" Ladybug turned to her partner. "The phoenix miraculous must be returned to Master Fu in order to protect (y/n) and her friends"

"And if she refuses?" Chat questioned.

"That won't be a problem" The two heroes turned to see you flying above them. You landed next to them, staring at the city.

"Phoenix, I didn't mean -" Ladybug held a face full of worry.

"I know you mean well" You smiled, staring down at your feet. "And if I were to be completely honest, I was thinking the same thing"

"You were?" Ladybug sounded surprised.

You nodded. "After Blue Incendier set that trap on Luka, I... I thought that maybe if I stopped being Phoenix this wouldn't have happened"

"But isn't the miraculous your family's heirloom?" Chat grabbed your attention. "I don't know about you two, but heirlooms are a top-notch priority in my family. If I gave any of mine up, I would probably be sent away"

"My family isn't as strict as yours" You huffed. "I'm sure my grandmother would understand if I did do that"

"So are you going to give up your miraculous?" Ladybug returned back to the topic. You turned to her. It's still a bit hard to talk to her. She hasn't done anything wrong.

Taking a deep breath, you shook your head. "I wish I could tell you yes"

"Wait, but if you're not going to hand it over, what are you going to do?" The red and black-dressed hero stared at you with a confused expression. "What was the whole point of you saying not to worry?"

"I originally did plan on giving it back to the guardian, but..." Your eyes diverted back to the city, specifically the houseboat docked in the seine. "But then I thought, 'what if something happens? What if Hawkmoth or someone worse gets their hands on it? What then?' Those thoughts ran through my mind this entire afternoon. So I figured the best way to keep Kwan safe is by taking her with me to (hometown)"

"(hometown)?" Chat and Ladybug shared a confused glance.

"I'm moving there in a few weeks" You let out a sigh.

"What?!" The two heroes gasped.

"My parents got promoted so we're moving" You turned to them. "It's also the only way to keep my loved ones safe from Hawkmoth"

Ladybug and Chat Noir still looked at you with concern. Although your relationship with the pair didn't start on the right foot, the three of you barely started to become friends. It's a shame that there isn't going to be much time for all of you to hang out. You let out a small laugh, lightly shoving them. "What's with the sad faces? You're still stuck with me for a couple of weeks"