Freak the Freak Out

Luka watched as the studio got ready for your performance. It felt weird seeing another band appear out of nowhere to have you sing for them. He always thought that if you ever needed a band, you would ask Kitty Section. Maybe you did offer that but it was the studio that declined. No. The studio would have listened to you. So why did you not ask?

"I wonder what song (y/n) is going to sing," Calixte thought out loud.

"It surely won't be the one she planned on doing" Lucien crossed his arms over his chest. The two shared a small laugh before getting hit by Ruben. They looked at the upperclassman. He held a determined expression on his face. Manu stood next to him with a warming smile.

"It sure is exciting being here" Manu turned to his boyfriend. "You did well"

"Yeah, and now it's her turn" Ruben spoke in a calm manner.

"(y/n) will do fine. Stop acting like her father" Grace joked.

The group continued their conversation. Everyone was standing around the cameras and the stage, waiting for the performance to start. The moment the director shouted for everyone to get ready, Luka notice you walk in immediately. You walked with confidence and commanded attention. It was the complete opposite of how you usually are.

"She's so cool" Adrien commented. Marinette looked at him, shocked to see him standing next to her all of a sudden. She was so caught up in her conversation with the girls that she didn't notice him. The blonde boy was looking at you before turning his group of friends. "I didn't know you were friends with a rockstar and a hero, Juleka"

"She's more of a dancer than a rockstar, but there's no denying how multi-talented she is" Rose giggled.

"She's been a family friend since before I was born" Juleka nodded her head. "I didn't know that she was Phoenix, though"

"Well, that's the whole point of having a secret identity" Alya added. "We're not supposed to know"

The group laughed. Marinette stared back at you. You were talking to the band, most likely discussing the song. Kwan peeking out from your pocket. The little bird sensed her stare, turning to her. She smiled at the human girl, quickly focusing on her master's work. You held a serious expression. One that made you look mature than any other teenager in the room. Marinette wondered if you were hiding your nerves under that maturity.

She turned to see Luka and his group of friends laughing and chatting amongst themselves. Luka was smiling in silence at his friends' antics. After a second or two, Luka was no longer staring at his friends, but at you. His small smile had turned into a frown. He was deep in thought. The young girl can notice how worried he was.

"And we're back!" Alec grinned into the camera. "You've seen her dance. You've seen her fly over Paris with her wings of fire. Now you're going to see her sing her heart out. Please help me welcome once again, our burning hero, (y/n) (l/n)!"

Everyone in the crowd cheered. Lucien and Calixte held up that sign they made for you into the air, screaming your name. Luka stood in his spot, his smile coming back onto his lips.

The lights dimmed the moment the music began. The cameras panned over to you. With a deep breath, you began to sing.

Are you listening? Hear me talk, hear me sing
Open up the door, easy less, easy more
When you tell me to beware, are you here? Are you there?
Is it something I should know? Easy come, easy go

Nodding your head, don't hear a word I said
I can't communicate, when you wait, don't relate
I try to talk to you but you never even knew
So what's it gonna be, tell me, can you hear me?
(Hear me, can you hear me?)