My Happy Ending

You were everything, everything that I wanted (that I wanted)
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending

"But mom!" You followed your mother into the kitchen. Her and your father just told you that the three of you were moving to (hometown) in about a month or so. They had planned on telling you last night, but the whole being-akumatized happened. They didn't even tell you that they had everything done and planned for months in advance. They were going to surprise you. "I can't just leave! I'm needed here as Phoenix"

"It's not like I don't want you to be a superhero" Your mother turned to you. Her eyes glanced over at the tiny flaming bird on your shoulder. "Trust me, I'm happy that you found another thing that your passionate about just like dance, but at the same time, you have to understand that this might just work out for the best".

"How?! Why did you guys even decided on this without asking me how I feel about it?" You asked. 

"Look, (y/n)," Your mother sighed. "Your father was being transferred because the business is going great, and they want to send him to be in charge of their new branch. We were going to work it out with him being the one gone, but we both knew that it would be just as painful. Fortunately, I got promoted as well. I know you don't want to leave your friends behind, but we can't just leave you here either."

"But what about being Phoenix?" Your eyes downcast. 

"I'm sure that a hero is needed everywhere, not just in Paris"

"And Hawkmoth, what about him?" You gazed back up to her. "Ladybug and Chat Noir are going to need help defeating him. They can't do it alone"

"About that" Your mother placed a hand on your shoulder, leading you to sit down at the kitchen table. "Your grandmother and I were talking, and we both agreed that this move is going to keep you safe from Hawkmoth. I mean, think about it, he now knows your secret identity. He could get to you by going after your friends, Luka, me, your dad, even grandma. I know you don't want to, honey, but I'm sure Ladybug and Chat Noir can handle themselves - they even have Rena Rouge and Carapace to help."

You couldn't argue with her at that point. It's true. With everyone now knowing that you're Phoenix, including Hawkmoth, there's now a target on you and all of your loved ones. The fact that even your grandmother agreed to this is saying something. She's the one that is supporting you to continue being Phoenix, just not here in Paris. Your family only wants the best for you. They want you to be safe while doing the thing you love. And that means leaving the people you love. 

"There's no way I'm even going to win this argument, is there?" You let out a deep sigh. Your mother laughed, nodding her head, "Now you're getting it"

----

Walking into school the next day was awkward. Everyone's eyes were on you. From the moment you stepped foot on the school's ground, people turned to stare at you. They whispered and gossiped to each other. They called you Phoenix and Lamenter. Is this what it feels like after being akumatized? Being judged by your peers? You sighed and shrugged off their voices from your mind. Today, you have to give your advanced notice to the faculty about your move. You're going to have to clean out your locker when it gets closer to the moving date, but you would much rather start that now than later. You have too much stuff in there that it would take days to clean it all out. 

Thinking about leaving the school left a depressing taste in your mind. You're going to have to break the news to your friends. You know that they would understand, but it hurts knowing that you're leaving them. Heck, you haven't even moved yet and you already miss them. They are most likely already concerned about you and curious about you being Phoenix, and now it feels like you're rubbing salt in the wound with the news. What would Luka think?