Chapter Ten- Jeremiah/Grady

Jeremiah 

        One step at a time, Miah thought to himself while walking down the long hallway in front of him. High school sucks already, but it sucks even more when you’re not able to see hardly anything around you. I just have to get to my locker to get my spare. He continued making his way down the hallway until he heard a very familiar voice. His heart skipped a beat when he continued hearing that voice while he slowed down around a corner. However his heart dropped to the pit of his stomach when he saw a fuzzy Grady in the middle of the hallway, kissing some blonde.

          Feeling his eyes start to get wet from tears, he simply turned around while blindly searching for his locker. After finding it, he got his spare pair of glasses before making his way to class. He knew he shouldn’t be hurt by that, seeing as how Grady didn’t want to come out to the school. But shouldn’t he keep his lips off of other people? It wasn’t like Miah was walking around kissing blondes. Not that he ever would.

          Miah made his way through the rest of the morning before sadly making his way to the library. Sitting in the very back table, he slowly got his books out while hearing a group of people come in. Looking up he saw Grady with the same blonde wrapped around his body. “Bye Grady,” she sensually said while running her hands over his chest.

          “Hey,” Grady said while sitting down next to him.

          “This chapter starts talking about-”

          “Hey, Miah.” Grady said once again while placing his hand on top of Miah’s.

          “What?” Miah asked while taking his hand out from under his.

          “What’s wrong?” Giving a scoff, Miah finally looked up into his eyes while asking,

          “Seriously? You have no idea why I would even be a little miffed seeing you all wrapped around a blonde?” Grady’s face softened while sighing before saying,

          “You know I can’t be doing those sorts of things with you.”

          “Then you shouldn’t be doing them with someone else, especially a girl!” He basically yelled while standing up and grabbing his books. “That shows me that you don’t give a damn about me at all. Tutor yourself dumbass,” he said while angrily making his way out of the library, ignoring the sound of his name being called.

          Exiting the library, he all but ran into Elijah, who was eating a donut. “Whoa there,” the tall boy said while helping him to straighten up. “Where were you headed in such a hu-” Elijah quickly stopped talking when Miah looked up into his eyes. “What happened?”

          “I can’t… be here,” Miah said while tears started to run down his cheeks.

          “Let’s go,” Elijah said while leading him down the hallway and out into the parking lot.

          “What about Hayden?”

          “He drove himself today,” he said while he unlocked his jeep.

          After getting in, Miah closed his eyes while leaning his head against the door. After a while the jeep came to a slow stop, making Miah’s eyes slowly come open. He saw they were in front of one of the best coffee houses around.

          They walked in and order drinks plus a snack before sitting down in the back in extremely comfy chairs. “What did Grady do?” Elijah asked while taking a sip of his caramel iced coffee.

          “You know he doesn’t want to come out to the school. That’s fine; I don’t have a problem with it. I do have a problem when he’s kissing random girls in the hallway.”

          “He what?”

          “Yeah. All because he can’t do those things with me,” Miah grumbled while taking a sip of his peppermint hot chocolate.

          “That’s no excuse. If he doesn’t want to come out to the school, that’s not his invitation to just stick his tongue down girls’ throats.”

          “I know, and I don’t know what to do. You know I’ve been having this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for a while, now I know why.”

          “Don’t completely hate him, which I know is hard to do. He may be acting like a tool but he’s probably just scared. You guys are getting closer to each other, yet he isn’t able to express that with you and-”

          Miah completely stopped listening when he suddenly saw a man walk in the coffee shop. He was wearing a gray suit with a big beige coat on top, black rimmed glasses hanging off his vest. He watched as the man smiled at the cashier while ordering a drink.

          “Miah?” Looking over he realized Elijah was staring at him, probably had for some time. “Are you okay? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.”

          “T-that,” he started saying while turning around to see the guy exiting the shop. “No!” Miah got up while starting to run after the man in the picture he found.

          “Miah wait!” Miah and Elijah proceeded to run out of the shop, receiving weird looks all around.

*

Grady

          “You’re a tool.” Looking up Grady sighed while Ella was standing in his doorway, giving him a nasty look.

          “Go away.”

          “No, you hurt Miah you dickwad. You made him leave school, god what if he does something? You know how fragile he is.”

          “Ella, he’s not going to kill himself because I was kissing someone.”

          “Oh my god, do you even hear yourself!? What has gotten into you lately? You’re not the Grady I know and sometimes love. Are you on drugs?” Rolling his eyes he threw a pillow towards her while rolling over onto his back.

          “No, just leave me alone.”

          “Whatever. I don’t know what your deal is but you need to snap out of it. If you don’t pull yourself together you’ll end up losing the greatest guy that you don’t even deserve right now.” With that, Ella slammed his door and walked away.

          Biting his lip, Grady looked down at the text on his phone with a picture of him and Miah kissing. He then re-read the message below it for the tenth time, depressing him even more. I know about your little gay secret. Keep seeing Miah and the entire school will find out, you will be over. Your little lover boy will end as well.

          Ever since he received that text yesterday night, he has been freaking out. What was he supposed to do? He didn’t want Miah to get hurt from this, and it broke his heart that he was already hurt. Sighing he flipped over onto his stomach and tried calling Miah for the millionth time. No answer. God Miah, where are you? 

A/N: sorry for the short update, I wanted to add something. Happy Halloween! Picture on the side is of Dakota AKA Miah's father.