Chapter Twenty- Jeremiah

A/N: things get spicy in this chapter. 

        Making his way into the cafeteria, Miah took a deep breath before making his way over to the laughing table in front of him. Hayden was well, being Hayden, Elijah was laughing while trying not to fall out of his chair and Grady was laughing as well. Stepping up the empty chair, everyone smiled and said hi before Elijah and Hayden went back to more of their shenanigans. Grady however had all eyes on him.

          “Hey,” Grady said while turning towards him with a dimpled smile.

          “Hi.”

          “How’s your day been?”

          “Good actually, I have this new Spanish teacher who-” Miah went on to talk about the rest of his day to Grady, who never looked bored. He gave him his divided attention the entire time, which made Miah feel really good about himself.

          Miah had been scared ever since he had first said no to Grady; he wasn’t sure how he would take it. He was still trying to feel like he deserves someone like Grady, or anyone in general.  Grady did tell him that he didn’t need a certain amount of material possessions for him to love him, because he already did. Was it crazy that Miah still had a hard time thinking that way? 

          The lunch bell suddenly rang, making him jump out of his thoughts. “I’ll see you later; have a good rest of the day.” Looking up he saw those dark eyes were looking at him before he waved and ventured out of the cafeteria. When he looked back over at the couple in front of him, he smiled when Hayden was kissing all over Elijah’s face before placing a kiss onto his lips while saying bye.

          “Bye Miah!” With that he ran out of the room, making Miah laugh.

          “How are you doing?” Elijah asked while walking out into the hallway with him.

          “I’m okay, I know it’s stupid but I’m still worrying about the whole Grady thing and not feeling good enough.”

          “It’s not stupid, trust me. You have all these feelings inside of you; they’re not just going to go away anytime soon.”

          “I just wish it was easier you know? Like I had a sign that I-” Miah stopped talking when he saw a yellow sticky note on his locker. The note was simple, all it saying was:  You Matter. However that small gesture made his face light up like a Christmas tree, while his heart was beating out of control.

          “Wow, talk about a great sign right?” Laughing Miah nodded while gently taking the note off while biting his lip. Looking down the hallway he saw Grady talking to a teacher. However when he looked over at him and saw the note, he winked before turning back to the teacher. Glancing back down at the note, he held it close to his heart while looking back up at Grady, wishing that he had come into his life sooner.

**

          “This could be the start of something new; it feels so right to be here with you!” Suddenly opening his eyes Miah cursed, not only because he got shampoo in his eye but also because he was starting to like High School Musical songs.

          “Damn you Grady,” he muttered while sticking his head under the hot water and closing his eyes once again. 

          It had been two weeks since they got back from winter break, and Grady hadn’t stopped with his small little gestures. Miah was sure that he would have stopped by now, but every now and then he would find a note saying he was beautiful or a rose on his bed.