Epilogue- Grady/ Jeremiah

Grady

        Yawning, Grady sleepily wiped his eyes while unlocking the apartment door in front of him. Walking into the dark living room, he slowly maneuvered his way through the dark apartment before walking through the open bedroom door. Smiling, Grady took a minute to look at the sleeping man on the bed, his limbs sprawled out across the king sized bed.

        After switching into a pair of pajama pants, Grady yawned again before crawling into bed. Wrapping his arms around Miah’s small body, he smiled while burying his face into that blue sweatshirt he knew so well. Closing his eyes he snuggled deeper into the bed while thinking about his life the past years while he started to drift off to sleep.

        After graduating high school, Grady had gone off to the University of Washington to study astronomy while Miah went on to study at the Le Cordon Bleu School in Seattle. When they both graduated, Grady was worried to ask Miah to move to California with him, seeing as how he needed his Master’s degree. Miah was more than happy to move to Pasadena with him, their current residence.

        And now here he was, only a week away from finishing his Master’s Degree in Astrophysics from the California Institute of Technology. He was also lying next to one of the best Chefs in California. Opening his tired eyes, Grady slowly moved some hair out of Miah’s face before placing a gentle kiss onto his forehead. It was crazy how much their love for each other had been strengthened over the years.

        There was no one else he would rather spend his life with, no one else he would rather call his husband. Biting his lip, Grady let his eyes drift over to the dark closet, where a black box sat on the top shelf. The black box which he saved up for for almost a year and a half, and the one that would change his life forever. Letting his eyes finally shut, he put aside all of his worries and snuggled up into the most wonderful thing that had ever walked into his life.

*

        Cracking an eye, Grady moaned while smelling the sweet smell of cinnamon rolls. Just as he was about to get out of bed he watched a smiling Miah walk into the bedroom, a white chef’s hat sitting on top of his head. “Morning baby,” he said while placing the food down onto the bed.

        “Morning, does that hat mean what I think it means?”

        “Well… yes! Yesterday I became the head chef at the Union Restaurant!” Crashing into Miah’s body, Grady kissed all over his face, making him laugh. Looking down at the man beneath him on the bed, Grady gave him a deep kiss before saying,

        “Congratulations Miah, that’s great news. I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to celebrate with you.”

        “Don’t apologize; I know you’ve been working your caboose off to finish your Master’s.” Sighing, Grady looked into those hazel eyes he loved so much he continued by saying,

        “It’s not okay. I need to be here for you, especially when you have important life events. What other events am I going to miss when I have to get my PhD?” Grady watched as Miah leaned up onto his elbows to place a kiss onto his lips.

        After many more soft delicate kisses, Miah wrapped his arms around Grady’s neck while saying, “Grady, stop. You’re going after your dream. Do you remember how you supported me when I was first starting out? How many restaurants did I have to bounce from? And if you remember, I missed the day you conducted one of your biggest experiments, which I felt terrible for. We’re not always going to be able to be there for everything in each other’s lives. But as long as we’re always still doing the little things for each other, our love will continue to grow.”