Cereal

Jungkook’s POV

I woke up to the giggles of my children and their papa. I groaned because they were being a bit too loud even if I love hearing them laugh. It was too early to be that loud. I tried to cover my ears with the pillows but that was to no aid. I yelled in the pillow before standing up and going to the bathroom. Once I was all done with my morning routine I went to the area where the noise was coming from. They’ve been laughing for about  thirty minutes now. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw a long line of cereal and like about 20 big bottles of milk. What in the world was going on here? Tae was giving cereal bowls to our children who were… rating them?

“Oh? Good morning Kookie! How was your night? Did you sleep well?” Taehyung greeted.

“Morning Tae. Fine and yes” I answered and went to greet my adorable kids who had cereal smeared all over them. “Hey kids!” I said, pulling both of them into a hug.

“Good Morning Uncle!” They answered cheerily. We haven’t told them I am their other dad yet. Taehyung insisted on doing that by himself. But I have spent a lot of time with them ever since I confirmed that they were my kids. I looked up at Taehyung after releasing our kids from my bear hug. He had a small smile on his face and looked at us like he was in a daze. There was also a sad glint in his eyes.

“Um… What are you guys doing?” I asked making him cough and recover from the trance in was in. I wondered what he was thinking about.

“It uh cereal friday.” He said with a small shade of red on his cheeks. What was going on in his beautiful mind?

“Cereal friday?” 

“Yes! Every friday Papa brings cereal for  us to try and see if we like it.” Micah answered. I looked at Taehyung questionably and he sighed.

“Every week lots of companies bring us cereals asking for us to put their products on our shelves. So we have cereal Fridays to test our which is good and not good. If they like it, as in both of them agree that it is good, we put it on our shelves and if they dislike it we don’t. If they have different opinions we put a little amount of that cereal on our shelves and see if the customers buy and like it. If the customers like it we buy more and if they don’t we remove it from our shelves.” He explained in great detail. 

“Are you sure it is healthy for the children to have this much cereal at a time? And what if the materials and conditioning the cereal is made out of is not safe?” I couldn’t help but worry about their health. 

“Don’t worry, I always check what they use to make it and the environment they make it in before I give it to my kids.” he said almost defensively. I couldn’t blame him though. Who was I to question how he decides to raise the kids. He has been doing it for years and I can’t just waltz in and try to tell him how to do things. 

“Okay.” I said, smiling. He gave me a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. I ignored it though and looked at our kids who were too caught up in rating the cereal they were eating. It was the Sour Patch kids cereal. They both had different opinions on it and Tae wrote it down on the list for minimum order. I wondered how they managed to turn sour then sweet candy into cereal. It was one of those things I just could not try. 

I looked at the chaos. Taehyung looking around for a new box of cereal they hadn’t tried yet among the sea of cereals while laughing at the reactions of our children. And the kids being so adorably funny was something I wanted to wake up to every day. I wanted them in my life for as long as ever. 

I was still daydreaming about how owning my own little family when I felt my phone vibrate from my side pocket. It was Hobi hyung calling. I walked away from the chaos and went to the living room. I did not miss Taehyung’s curious and suspicious gaze.