Four

"Bill I'm asking for your cars.. Wheel in marriage." Richie slapped the roof of the car looking fondly at Bill who shook his head.

Bill gave the car a grin smacking the hood softly. "S-Stella's all mine s-sorry pal." He shrugged sauntering off to the edge of the quarry sitting on the cliff side.

"Stella." Richie sighed dreamily and Bill threw a stick at him.

"Leave Stella alone you pervert." Eddie snickered shoving past Richie and going to sit beside Bill on the edge of the cliff. Richie pat Stella one last time, "He'll come around baby. We'll be together, just you wait and see." He wandered near the two picking at the decaying limbs of a tree. Richie snapped off a large twig, twirling it around his nimble fingers. Eddie and Bill conversed quietly, chatting about everyday things like the zombie apocalypse and birds working for the bourgeoise.

Richie plopped himself down beside the two, snapping off small sections of the twig tossing it over the side of the cliff. He watched it hit the water wondering what it was like to jump from this height. Richie leaned over getting an eyeful of the pair, "Have you guys ever thought about jumping off?" He questioned, watching their eyes fill with wonder and concern.

Eddie was quick to disagree,
"Do you have a death wish or something?" He demanded peering over the edge, a shiver running through his body at the steepness.
Bill took his turn looking over debating it in his head. "It's n-not that h-high." He decided regarding Richie who was perched right on the edge, a hair more and he would be tumbling over. Eddie sat back suddenly feeling uncomfortable being so close, "I'm not looking to find out. It's too cold now to swim anyway."

Richies gaze snapped back to the nervous boy.
"Pussy." Richie mumbled under his breath. Eddie scoffed and cleared his throat glaring daggers at Richie, "Sorry what was that? Wanna run that by me again Rich?" He demanded getting to his feet, marching towards Richie who adverted his attention to the water below.
"I called you a pussy Kaspbrak." He responded after a moment.

"Guys." Bill tried to intervene before things got out of hand but his voice didn't make it to their ears.

Eddie kicked dirt up at Richie who barely flinched.
"I'm sorry for looking out for you! I don't think anyone here wants to get fucking pneumonia!" He screeched. Eddie stood around, Richie was unresponsive. Frustrated at his silence Eddie kicked his arm which was the straw that broke in Richie.

"I didn't ask for you to look out for me!" He shouted whirling around. He got to his feet pushing Eddie backwards, a fire aflame in him. He was sick of Eddie fretting over every little thing he did. Eddie came hurling back shoving Richie with the same velocity.

"Guys!" Bill shouted.

Eddie stood his ground fiercely. "Fine! Screw you Richie, I don't care." He snapped venomously. Richie heaved a dry laugh making Eddie flinch.
"Fine! I'll just go die then, or do I need your permission to die too?" He snarled. The two were in each other's faces. They were so caught up in arguing and fighting they couldn't even remember why they were fighting in the first place. They were just purely out for blood.

"S-shut the f-f-fuck up! Both of y-you are being r-r-ridiculous! No ones dying!" Bill pushed the two apart knocking some sense into them. "G-go sit in the c-car and work this out!" He said while pushing them back toward Stella.

Richie didn't realize how much they were acting like children until Bill started treating them like children. Sitting them in time out, making them apologize to each other what next? Hold hands then kiss and make up? Richie sat the farthest away he could from Eddie in the cramped back seat. His eyes boring out the window stubbornly. He started to feel ridiculous and opened his mouth to say something when the front door shot open.