Sixteen

The week at Bills had gone great and he was set to properly move in. The Denbroughs were ecstatic and invited everyone over for a small 'House warming party' Richie didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but the party made him uncomfortable. He hated celebrating himself, birthdays were his worst nightmare. So a whole party all about Richie was needless to say terrifying.

Bill kept reminding him to see the best of the situation. 'All our f-fuh-friends will b-be there, do it f-for them Rich,'
Richie loitered around the kitchen slipping a couple slider sandwiches whenever no one was watching. He hopped atop the counter and shoved another miniature sandwich in his mouth chewing it quickly before Mrs. Denbrough turned around. She had expressed her feelings about Richie calling her mom, and that it was welcome for whenever he felt ready.

But to be completely honest. As much as Richie was happy to be living with the Denbroughs he didn't know if he could ever feel comfortable. Most sixteen year old boys didn't have to worry about what they called their parents.

Richie felt uncomfortable calling Bills parents mom and dad, even though Bill encouraged it.
'M-mom and Dad w-wuh-want to play scrabble, y-y-you in?'
'I can't g-uh-get a tattoo of y-your face what will M-m-mom and Dad think!'

Simple things like that.
Richie snagged another sandwich just as
Mrs. Denbrough decided to turn around catching Richie red handed as he shoveled another sandwich in his mouth.

She shook her head and stalked up to Richie waving for him to hop off the counter then shooed him away, "Out of the kitchen! Go outside or clean up in the basement!" She urged getting Richie out of her way to clean.
Richie obliged tumbling down the basement stairs he paused momentarily hearing a hushed voice mumbling. Richies brows creased and he slowly crept down the stairs, making sure to avoid the creaky floorboards.

He rounded the corner, "Stop! You have the right to remain silent!" Richie threw up his finger guns and Bill stumbled with the phone being quick to shout a goodbye and hang up, completely red in the face. Richie dropped the act immediately confusion washing over him. Bill hadn't made it clear he was dating anyone so who was he blushing over the phone with.
"You chattin' s-s-sexy with an operator?" Richie winked.

Bill rolled his eyes and cleared his throat.
"No. It's none of your business a-a-anyway." He replied hotly and Richie knew to veer off the subject.
Richie threw his hands up and flopped back on the sofa, "Don' whoop me Billy! I been a good boy!" He cried out watching Bill pick up the broom he had leaned against the wall and begin sweeping again.

Bill shot a look Richies way looking him over skeptically.
"You can h-help while y-you're down here."

Richie yawned resting his hands behind his head.
"No. I don't think I will." The smirk on his face was quickly wiped off as Bill jabbed him in the stomach with the end of his broomstick making Richie jolt forward. He huffed and got up begrudgingly picking up throw pillows from the floor.

Richie liked to half-ass jobs. He didn't do any work he didn't need to do and the work he did need to do was like he said half-assed or not done at all. He hated cleaning. The sound of the doorbell ringing was Richies saving grace. He threw the last of the throw pillows on the couch and jogged up the stairs before Bill could get past him and to the door.
"R-Rih-Richie!" Bill complained angrily stomping up the stairs behind him.

Richie slid down the hallway tripping over the rug before throwing the door open only to be met with Stan Uris.
"Ew! Who invited you!" Richie spoke teasingly and pulled Stanley into a quick hug.

Stanley chuckled rolling his eyes and held out a box to Richie.
"These are for you." He said matter of factly watching amusedlh as Richies face lit up at the prospect of presents.
He tore into the box and pulled out vegetables.