Chapter Eight

Weather changes every day, and people complain about it every time, yet they don't know that the ones who change faster and rapidly than the weather are people.

After what happened, Jennie went back to her room, not wanting to tell anything to Jisoo, but Jisoo wasn't angry with her because she understands her state.

After Jisoo left, Jennie walks to the patio and sits on the cold concrete outside the dorm at midnight, trying to think of what she is gonna do tomorrow when she faces the blonde. How she should act and talk to her?

Tears roll down on her cheeks like waterfall while her hands on both knees. She hugs it tightly because of shivers from the cold wind brushing her sensitive skin. She looks at the sky, and the full moon gazes back at her.

Feeling so emotional and wanting to let it out, swallowing her saliva, she mumbles some painful words, "I think it is too late, isn't it?" She looks at the sky for an answer, but nothing comes, and she is happy about it because right now she needs someone listening to her and feeling her pain, not the ones judging her.

Jennie cries her heart off, staring at the trees around her as darkness consumes the light.

She goes to sleep with hopes that today is just a dream, and tomorrow will be a new start that Lisa will understand and forgive her.

---
Tomorrow comes as she hoped. There is a light knocking on her door when Jisoo' voice echoes the room outside her door."Jennie-ah, get up. Today, we have a rehearsal for our concert tonight."

She gets up from the bed, opening the door as she forces a bitter smile to the latter. "When?"

"At 10 this morning, so we need to eat our breakfast now," Jisoo utters as she examines Jennie's appearance.

"Okay," Jennie answers shortly as she is about to close the door when Jisoo stops it.

"Are you okay? I mean the real one?" Jisoo questions worriedly, seeing Jennie's eyes red and bigger than usual.

"Yeah, don't worry, Chu." She kisses Jisoo on the cheek playfully as she wants to eliminate the awkwardness between them.

Jisoo, on the other hand, knows that Jennie is not okay. The latter just acts like that, not wanting Jisoo to get worried or something. Jisoo is the oldest in the group, knowing and caring for everyone, so she understands Jennie more than anyone else right now.

As she doesn't want to push it any further, she decides to give Jennie some time before the latter could give her the truth.

"See you later," Jisoo utters and turns away.

Jennie closes the door, sighing in relief, thinking that at least she could lie to Jisoo as she doesn't want the latter to get worried.

She doesn't want to answer anything right now because she knows that if she spills the bean, she would cry for the whole day, and that's the last thing she wants to do now. She has a rehearsal in a few hours and a concert to perform tonight.

---

"Okay, everyone. The song will start in ten seconds." Their manager announces to them as they are on the stage, preparing for the rehearsal.

As the song plays, they begin to dance along with their new song 'DDU-DU DDU-DU'.

They all focus on their choreography until it ends perfectly. The sound of applause from their manager echoes on the stage as they all dance correctly in every step. All of them are really talented and charismatic.

Everyone goes to grab a drink as Jennie's face goes red because of unsettled feelings that keep pushing inside her head.

This morning, she thought that she'd have an opportunity to be with Lisa, but the thought went wrong that the blonde has avoided her the whole time. She didn't even touch her when she had to in the choreography.

The thought of Lisa's hatred lingers her mind as she runs to the bathroom to hide her sadness, anger, and another painful feeling.

She goes inside the room and feels so contented that no one else besides her in there. She locks the door, and her tears fall down uncontrollably.

She looks at the mirror, seeing her worst reflection state glaring back at her.

The sound of the door cracks open surprises her. She looks away and wipes her tears.

"Jennie," Jisoo utters lightly as Jennie turns her gaze to Jisoo and hugs her tightly.

"What's wrong, Jennie?" She asks, feeling pity for the brunette because she has never seen Jennie in this state before.

The real Jennie Kim is the one with confidence, undeniable beauty and have never had a slightly self-conscious in herself. She rarely cries in front of the others.

Among all of them, Jisoo thinks that Jennie is the toughest one in their group.

"Jennie, you can tell me everything, okay?" Jisoo utters as she pulls away from the hug.

"Unnie, I broke up with Kai," Jennie replies, looking down at her feet.

"I knew it since yesterday. The news was spread all over the country, but that's not what I wanted to ask. I want to know why you are crying. I know you still love him. It's okay if you guys date in private. You know." Jisoo says as she smiles.

The breaking news, Jennie and Kai's dating breaks off, is known everywhere.

Since last night, Jisoo saw Jennie crying, and she thought that the latter doesn't get over with the broken thing.

"No, I didn't cry because of missing him." She mumbles as Jisoo widens her eyes in disbelief.

"So, why are you crying?" Jisoo asks in curiosity.

"I did that because I realized that I didn't love him at all."

"What?!"

"Jisoo, I am in love with Lisa." Her tears stream down her cheeks as she wipes it off.

Jisoo grins knowingly, "Jenduek, I have known that a long time. You are just confused and afraid to admit it, and I am so happy to know that you finally do the right thing now. Don't be sad, Lisa is also single. She doesn't have anyone. You will get the chance to get her back." Jisoo hugs Jennie again as she smiles in satisfaction.