Chapter Thirteen

Lisa looks so shocked as her face goes pale, and her breath works faster than normal.

"W-what?" She stammers. Actually, Lisa didn't know that Jennie followed her on the street because she was scared when Somi called her, not to mention, there was a violent rain outside that hid the sound of Jennie calling and running after her from her ears.

She flops down on the floor, "I didn't know it, I didn't know it," She murmurs at the verge of crying, looking at Jisoo and Chaeng, afraid of their reaction towards her cruel unnoticed action for the brunette, the one and only person she has loved and still does now.

Then the image of the brunette on the road alone scares her as she heaves a deep sigh, trying to control her emotion in front of the man who was once Jennie's boyfriend. The one Jennie has loved and chosen instead of her.

"Lisa, it's okay now. She is safe, and besides, you didn't know she had followed you, right?" Jisoo utters calmly as she tries to soothe the blonde.

"I-I didn't know she followed after me I swear I-" The blonde tries to choke back her tears.

"Shhh, it's okay. I know, and we believe you, okay?" Jisoo hugs her to calm her down.

"Kai, can you explain how you met her because I am sure Lisa wouldn't leave her alone if she knew Jennie unnie followed her?" Chaeng turns her gaze to Kai, asking him.

Kai flops down on the couch before answering, "I was back from meeting my friend at the cafe near the concert. When I met her on the road, I was so shocked to believe that was Jennie, because she looked so fragile to be true, so I asked her of what happened, but she refused to answer, then I offered to take her to your dorm, and she flinched at the thought like she was afraid of something I didn't know, she told me that she didn't want to go back to the dorm now, so I asked her to come with me instead. You know, I couldn't let her there alone. It's too dangerous. Eventually, she agreed." He heaves a deep sigh before continuing.

"She didn't speak anything when we were in the car, looking outside the window like a lifeless person. I attempted to ask her, but she suddenly passed out on her seat. I didn't really know what to do at that time because I couldn't bring her to the hospital as we just broke up, we shouldn't be seen together, so I brought her home and asked my private doctor to come here."

He looks at them, smiling bitterly as he continues, "The doctor said it has nothing to worry about. She was sick because of the rain and her weak body. Not to mention, she has lost a lot of weight." Kai finishes by shaking his head slightly, feeling pity for the brunette who was once his girlfriend.

"Kai, Kai..." Someone calls Kai's name softly as he bolts to the room.

"What's wrong, Jennie?" Kai asks, as Lisa follows behind him with worry haunts her body and mind, but the blonde just stands behind the door.

She attempts to step inside but stop when she hears Jennie's uttering to Kai.

"Did you tell Lisa about me being here?"

"I-"

"Please, don't." The brunette begs.

Jennie doesn't know that the blonde standing at the doorway as she tries to choke back her tears because of Jennie's words.

Kai is stunned at his place because he has already told everything to Lisa. His face goes pale as he looks away.

Talking about the blonde, she is standing there, previously waiting for the brunette to stop talking as she goes inside, but now she changes her decision. Not when the brunette not wanting to see her face anymore.

A realization hits her as she knows that Jennie asked Kai to bring her from the dorm because she didn't want to talk to her.

Tears escape her eyes with the bitterness and sadness in them, so she walks away with one hand wiping the tears away.

"Lisa, Lisa,....!" Jisoo's voice echoes the room as Jennie widens her eyes at the name of the blonde.

"I'm sorry, Jennie," Kai says as Chaeng enters the room, bolting to Jennie and sits beside her.

"How are you feeling now, Unnie?" Wrapping her hand around Jennie's hand, Chaeng utters softly.

"I-I'm good. She was here, right?" Jennie stammers, afraid that the blonde heard what she had said to Kai.

Well, her conscience is right. The blonde heard everything she said to Kai.

"Y-yeah, she was so worried about you. She didn't even get to sleep after she knew you are missing."

A slight guilt haunts Jennie as she didn't expect that Lisa still cares for her this much.

"Where was she?" Jennie stutters. She can sense the truth, not wanting to admit that the blonde was hurt because of everything she said.

Chaeng bites her lower lips, heaving a deep sigh before mumbling, "I didn't know, but I saw she ran away before we arrived, so Jisoo unnie was following her."

"May I ask what's wrong, unnie?" Chaeng asks.

"I-I-"

Jennie begins to weep as Kai leaves the room not wanting to be an intruder. He knew that Jennie loves Lisa since the day he came to her house for a date, but he didn't want to think that way. Who didn't know when her eyes tell everything about her feelings, right?

The way she looked at Lisa when she left showed hurt, tormented and sadness in her eyes.

The way her eyes showed when she talked about the blonde told him that Lisa isn't just a sister to Jennie like she said.

That's why when Jennie wanted to break up with him. He wasn't surprised at all. It's sooner or later, so he has already prepared for it.

He knew that Jennie is the person who looks strong and bitchy outside, but inside she is just a kitten who is a soft, kind and tender person for everyone.