TWELVE

Art by: Hafuwa

*Explicit Content Warning*

~Aaron's POV~

THE RESTAURANT IS a nice place, not far either. I walk up to the hostess who is blonde and well dressed. She greets me with an all too friendly smile. I glance down at Aph who has moved my hand from being interlaced with hers to around her waist. Hm, strange.

"A table for two sir?" She asks, batting her eyelashes at me. I nod, "This way please." she says politely grabbing two menus and sauntering deeper into the dimly lit restaurant. We follow her, as I switch my hand to where it previously was. The hostess presents us a table against the wall with two chairs.

"That's good thank you." I say, as she places down our menus.

"Have a wonderful evening." She says avoiding Aphmau's now deadly gaze. I pull out her chair and she sits down, scoffing. I sit down across from her. What is bothering her?

"What's wrong babe?" I ask, I thought we were having good time so far tonight, the walk over was very nice. She relaxes a bit and smiles.

"It's nothing you did baby, it's just, I'm still not used to your affect on women. Like yes, I know you are very...very," she clears her throat, "very attractive but, I don't know, I just wish everyone knew you were mine." She's adorable jealous.

"Oh Aph, they will know eventually." I say almost instinctively, looking over the menu. Oh fuck, did I say that out loud? I feel my face get hot and look at her nervously.

"What do you mean..." she asks blushing, placing her menu gently down on the table top. Shit. What do I say?

"Well I mean I know we haven't talked about it much but um...I do want to marry you someday..." I can feel my cheeks blush and I clear my throat to cut the silence.

"Um, well..." her cheeks flush a bright shade of scarlet and she bites her lip momentarily. "Yeah, I mean...I do too..." she says flashing back to her shy self, her eyes glancing back at her menu.

"Umm...yeah, good." I blurt out, copying her, seeing what I want to eat. Why do I feel so...reserved, shy?

"The pasta sounds good." Aph says pointing to one of the choices on the glossy paper.

"Which one?" I ask, looking over to where her painted finger nail in placed.

——————————

"YES, AND CAN WE get two boxes please?" I ask our waiter as he places the check on the table. He nods and heads off. I grab the check and shift to retrieve my wallet out of my back pocket. I look up at Aph who is looking up at me through her eye lashes. I watch as her cheeks turn red. What is up with her tonight?

"What Aph?" I ask out of curiosity. I place my card in the check book and stand it up towards the end of the table.

"Oh...nothing." She replies quickly, shaking her head, the ghost of a smile on her lips. I arch an eyebrow at her as the waiter distracts me with the boxes I asked for earlier. 

"Thank you." I mutter and give one of them to Aph. I start to push what little leftovers I have  into the box and give her my look again.