Five

Cheryl's POV

I'm sick of the Southside scum that are invading our school. They drew a huge ass snake over our school seal, they revolt me. I can't believe Weatherbee actually lets them in.

"You're all scum, go do your little doodles elsewhere you ragamuffins." I rolled my eyes at the leather clad group standing before me. "It wasn't fucking us, you think we're that stupid?" Fangs spoke up. "Clean up your godforsaken mess and get the fuck out of our school you snakes." I scoffed and walked away, my heels clicking against the floor of the long hall.

X

I walked into the boy's wrestling room, where I found Kevin alone. Luckily. "Hey Kev" I smiled at him. "Hey Cheryl, are you supposed to be in here?" He laughed, putting his shirt on. "Probably not, however my family have given this school around 70% of their funds, therefore I can do as I please." I smirked to him. He shook his head with a grin on his face.

While I waited for Kevin to finish up whatever he was doing, I decided to slate the Southsiders on my social media, knowing I have the biggest following in the school.

Perfect, everyone agrees with me as they obviously should

"Ready to go Bombshell?" Kevin asked, causing me to look up from my phone. "Of course." I replied, placing my phone back into my bag and straightening out my skirt. "Can we stop by the vending machine in the student lounge? I want some twizzlers." Kevin practically begged me. "Of course Kevin, I'd like to get a water anyway." He giggled and quickly made his way to the student lounge, beside me.

X

"Hey Cheryl, I saw your post on Twitter and I agree with you, how do we get these snakes out of the school?" A freshmen asked, as I walked away from the vending machine. "I'm working on it chum, don't you worry." I walked away from her and made my way to my locker with Kevin.

The school bell rang to signal the end of the day, just as I was grabbing my coat from my locker. "Can we stop by the Blue and Gold? I need to ask Betty something." Kevin asked me while he was shoving another twizzler into his mouth. I nodded my head and returned my attention back to my phone, to find the posts absolutely blowing up.

X

As we entered the Blue and Gold, I begrudgingly lifted my head up, averting my gaze from my phone, to find that the Southside scums were now also invading our school newspaper. I watched Jughead type away on his laptop while Kevin approached Betty. When I looked over at Toni who was previously working on editing a photo of my cheerleading squad, I realised that she had turned around to look at me.

As soon as my eyes met hers she let a smile grow on her face. It seemed... sympathetic almost? I shot her a confused look and watched as Kevin and Betty interacted.

"Cheryl why do you have a problem with the serpents? Kevin is basically dating Fangs, Betty is dating Jughead. Why can't you like us too?" Toni asked, from her position at her desk. Betty was reluctantly shaking her head however Toni payed no attention to her.

"Because you're lowering our perfect GPA that I have worked hard to maintain, while also defacing our school. My family pays for this school meaning the clean up job will come from MY pocket." I informed her.

"Well my grades are all up, I have a 3.7 GPA which is higher than the schools average, Jughead's is also a 3.7, Fangs, Sweetpea and Joaquin are working on theirs and I have spent endless nights tutoring them so they get a proper education. I for one did not deface the school, nor did any of us. It was Reggie who is working to get us kicked out, they caught him on the CCTV. However since he refused to clean it I took it upon myself to spend my entire free period wiping up the mess that he left. So no, you have absolutely no reason to hate me nor any of my friends." She finished with a huff.

I was shocked honestly, maybe they aren't so bad. Well, maybe Toni isn't so bad. However I wasn't ready to admit that, nor accept defeat, therefore I just nodded my head at her with a raised eyebrow and turned back to Kevin. "Kev come on I'm dying for a cherry cola." I smiled to him. He walked over to me and linked our arms, while shouting his goodbyes to Betty while he walked out of the door.

"See Cheryl, the serpents aren't so bad." Kevin attempted once again to convince me. "They're still drug dealers Kevin. And if it wasn't for them, my brother would still be alive." I sighed. "They aren't drug dealers, that's the ghoulies." Kevin began, "and I know they should have never taken Jason, and left him to his own devices to leave. However they didn't pull the trigger, and since your father took the cowards way out, all of the blame was blown out of proportion. You know that Cheryl." He huffed. I sighed in defeat and nodded. "I know Kevin."

X

We made our way to Pop's and took a booth together when I decided to check up on my favourite girl.

X

Anonymous
Nov 26 2018 4:20pm

Cheryl
hey babe

Anonymous
oh it's babe now?😉

Cheryl
well idk what i'm supposed to call you

Anonymous
no i like it don't worry

Cheryl
speaking of it actually, when will i find out your name?

Anonymous
hopefully soon. when i'm ready

Cheryl
okay...

Anonymous
what's wrong?

Cheryl
i just feel like you don't trust me enough and that's why

Anonymous
that's not it at all, i'd trust you with my life cher. i just know that you wouldn't be happy about who i really am

Cheryl
what why?

Anonymous
you'll find out

Cheryl
i know you? like in person?

Anonymous
that you do, yeah

Cheryl
oh...

Cheryl
do you go to riverdale high

Anonymous
yes

Cheryl
are you going on the ski trip?

Anonymous
i'm not too sure yet, perhaps

Cheryl
maybe i could find out then?

Anonymous
like i said... if i'm ready

Cheryl
okay...