Twenty Two

Toni's POV

Sweetpea and Fangs rushed over to me in an instant, wrapping their arms around me and supporting my full weight on their bodies.

"Tiny you have no fucking idea how happy I am to see you." Fangs cried out, gasping for breath as he squeezed me even tighter. I let out a weak, pathetic smile and grunted, letting him know to loosen his grip. Luckily he got the message and they both eased off of my body.

X

"Topaz sit down okay? We need to call an ambulance, you're gonna bleed out." Sweetpea directed, paying close attention to my visible injuries.

"We need another over here, Joaquin is in bad shape too." Jughead uttered from the other side of the table. I craned my neck as far as I could to get a good look at Joaquin, it didn't seem like they beat him much more than before I blacked out, though he was in a bad enough condition then.

X

Fangs called for an ambulance while Weatherbee cleared the rest of the students out of the cafeteria. He didn't want a major commotion caused from this, understandably. While everything seemed hectic around me, I focused my sole attention to Joaquin to ensure that he would be okay. If by chance anything happened to him, I'd forever put myself at fault for dragging him into my mess. We shot each other a feeble smile, not paying any sort of attention to anyone or anything else.

That was until I noticed her, standing directly behind Joaquin, just as beautiful as I remembered her to be. God how I've longed to see those eyes and hear her voice. Her eyes landed upon me, a fire burning inside of them as they did. She looked terrified, guilty and worried all in one, it pained me to see her in that way, without that radiant smile on her face.

My gaze averted, noticing her left hand. Her left hand that was holding onto the girls next to her. I paid close attention to her, I'd never once seen her before in my life, nor had Cheryl mentioned someone who fit that description. They were standing way too close to be just friends, my mind rushed to so many different places.

All of those places resulted in my chest aching, my heart dropping and shattering into a million pieces. That was all I remembered, before everything went black.

Cheryl's POV

Fuck I missed my TT. She looked into my eyes with a passion I hadn't seen in months, not a single person on this earth looked at me like she did. No one had a desire in their heart for me the way that she did.

For that very reason, my heart broke as much as hers did when her eyes shifted down and noticed Heather's hand in mine. The colour drained from her face and the glow in her eyes dulled, her face showed pain and regret. Seconds later, her eyes closed and she fell from the seat that she was placed in, crashing onto the floor with a bang.

X

"TONI." I screamed before attempting to rush to her side, however I was restrained from moving by Heather having a death grip on my wrist, as I blubbered she narrowed her eyes in a scowl at me, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"Just because the skank is back it doesn't mean she's yours again. You're fucking mine Blossom" she spat in my ear, her tone sending chills through my body. I nodded my head slowly in compliance, not taking my eyes off of Toni's limp body.

The medics rushed in moments later, retrieving her cold body from the cafeteria floor and rushing her out of the building and into an ambulance. In the rush, Heather got pulled away from me and I was now next to Veronica. "They're going to take care of her Cher. She'll be okay, she's a fighter." Ronnie whispered in my ear, the soft tone conflicting with the harsh one that Heather spoke to me in. Reassurance filled my mind, realising that if she's survived the last few months of torture, she can hold on for a little longer.