Nine

Cheryl's POV

Toni and I got the mass call for dinner, therefore we made our way down to the dining hall together. When we got there, we went our separate ways- she went to join her friends and I found Kevin. "Hey, how's the roommate?" Kevin giggled. "Actually okay, we uh... talked I guess? We're on civil terms." I smiled to him.

"Finally, you did the right thing Cheryl." He smiled back to me. "You think so huh?" I smirked. He nodded his head and we sat down at a table. Moments later, Veronica and Betty stood at the edge of the table with their dinner trays. "Could we join you guys?" Veronica asked kindly. Kevin looked over at me for my approval. "Of course, take a seat."

X

"How's sharing a room with Toni?" Veronica took a bite out of her meal. "Actually good, we sorted things out." I replied to her, she looked shocked but still had a small smile on her face. "I'm glad there isn't a bloodbath going on." She laughed to me.

"Yeah well maybe it'll be more than civil terms soon." I looked over at Toni's table suspiciously. Kevin, Veronica and Betty all gave me a confused look. I turned to Kevin specifically, "well you know this 'anonymous' person?" I began until Veronica interrupted with "please give us context."

"Kevin made me a profile on a dating app. I've been speaking to someone who's down as anonymous." I rushed out. "Okay one: that's dangerous if it isn't actually Toni or someone we know, two: would your preference not be set to guys?" She enquired, I shot her a confused look until I remembered.

"Oh shit I forgot to tell you. I'm gay." I told her nonchalantly. Her jaw almost dropped to the table, Betty's did too. "Well... I mean I'm happy for you." Betty choked out. "Thank you for telling us Cher." Veronica held her hand over mine on the table with a smile.

"Yes anyway continuing..." Kevin laughed. "Yeah well I text her earlier and Toni's phone went off at the same time, she typed out a reply and then I received a text back. I'm not sure it's a little suspicious. Thinking about it, they also said they know me in person and I wouldn't be happy about who they really were." I was still eyeing Toni suspiciously.

"It's probably just a coincidence Cheryl. 2 texts can't decide if it's Toni or not, besides doesn't she have a girlfriend?" Kevin asked. "No she broke up with her like a month ago, keep up Kev." Betty laughed.

"I could ask Jughead if you like?" Betty shifted her attention to me. "Um no please do NOT bring hobo into this." I laughed to her.

"Like I said Cheryl, it's probably just a coincidence, if you find more evidence then we can look into it." Kevin finished, just before Weatherbee spoke up. "As soon as you've all finished your meals, please head back up to your dorm rooms." He took his seat back down and we all finished our meals and chatted some more, changing the subject from Toni.

X

I arrived back at my room a little later, when I got there I noticed that Toni wasn't in the living area, nor the bathroom. I decided to take a seat on the couch and wait for her to arrive.

"Hey." A voice came up from behind me. "Holy shit you scared me, I didn't hear the door open." I said breathlessly, clutching my chest. "I'm sorry I was out on the balcony." She laughed at me. I raised an eyebrow to her, to which she pulled out a packet of cigarettes from her jacket pocket. I shook my head, "god you smell like an ashtray." I said, fake gagging, she just giggled at me.

After a few hours of conversation, we decided that it'd be best if we headed to bed. "I'll change in the bathroom, you can take use the bedroom." I smiled to her, opening up my case to retrieve my makeup wipes and pyjamas, while she did the same.

I made my way over to the bathroom and she walked into the bedroom we had to share for the night. "CHERYL COME HERE!" I heard from the other room. "Toni I swear to god if I have to see you half naked I'll throw you off the balcony." I laughed while making my way over to the bedroom. I saw Toni and shifted my eyes to where her vision was focused.

There's one bed. Oh my fucking god we're sharing a bed. Holy fuck no this is not happening. "What the fuck? We're meant to have two!" I sighed. "I know, maybe I can call down to the front desk." She picked up the phone from the nightstand. "Toni the administration will be gone, it's late." I reasoned with her. "I'm gonna finish getting changed, we'll sort this out." I smiled to her and made my way to finish getting ready for bed.

When I waked back into the bedroom a few minutes later, Toni was changed and about to walk out of the bedroom. She placed her dirty clothes in the hamper that was situated just outside of the door and made her way back in, to see that I had made myself comfortable in the bed. She walked around to the other side and picked up the pillow. "Where are you going?" I enquired.

"I don't want to invade your personal space, I'll sleep in one of the chairs. Goodnight Cheryl." Before I could put up any protest, she had already left the room and closed the door behind her.

X

After lying in a cold bed, alone for an hour, in the dark, I decided that I'd had enough. I slowly crept my way across the creaky wooden floor. The door also made a noise, but I continued to make my way across to the small kitchen area to grab a bottle of water.

X

When I turned around from the refrigerator, I saw Toni sitting upright in one of the arm chairs, with no blanket. She was shivering in her sleep and was clearly in a lot of discomfort. I shook her shoulder lightly, to which she opened her eyes with a squint. "Come and get in bed, that isn't comfortable Toni." I held my hand out and pulled her up from the chair.

"Cheryl like I said I don't want to invade..." She began but I cut her off promptly. "Like I'm saying, that isn't comfortable, now move your ass and get in the bed." I laughed at her.

We made our way back into the bedroom together and she laid down awkwardly next to me, both of us on our backs staring up at the ceiling without a word spoken between us.