- No. ⁴

THE WOLF

[iv. Remus Lupin's personal concert]

There were drunk kids everywhere. Sirius was tongue deep in some blonde in the corner. She could tell Sirius was blackout drunk and there was no chance of him remembering this in the morning. Jackie was just exceedingly happy that he was distracted and wasn't distracting her from her mission.

James was drunkenly spouting his love for Lily Evans to Lily Evans. She was looking around to everyone and anyone to take him away from her. Although she wanted everyone to think she hated him, the pink tint on her cheeks didn't say embarrassed.

Remus Lupin was standing on a table blackout drunk singing American Pie. The song wasn't even playing; he just knew all the lyrics.

    "Well, I know your in love with him, Cause' I saw you dancing in the gym"

"Shut up, Remus"

    "YOU BOTH KICKED OFF YOUR SHOES MAN, I DIG THOSE RHYTHM AND BLUES"

    But very sadly the fire whiskey was also sat on the table Remus was giving his personal concert at. So she slowly walked over and took it from the table, took down a few hearty swigs then in a minute or two she felt a weight on her side.

Very slowly she turned her head only to find the singing boy asleep on her shoulder. The raging party had quieted down, by then. Jackie was going to wake the sleeping boy up but she noticed the deep and dark circles under his eyes and thought, he's too drunk to remember this.

    The scent of honey and parchment filled her nose and the notion that maybe not everyone leaves dawned on her. She suddenly was transported back to her wall. Her dark enclosed structure in her mind. It was the place she felt safest, the place she wanted quiet, but she heard a familiar voice call out hello. She didn't hate it.

Despite the fact that she dislikes Remus, she couldn't leave him there because it was cruel. She wanted to beat him in academicas, not get him injured, because he was left alone in the common room.

    When the last few stragglers left the common room, Jackie gently shook Remus to wake him up from his nap on her shoulder.

    "Sirius, you got a lot prettier."

    "Don't tell Sirius that."

Although there was no one in the room, he was already too close to her. He felt the need to lean in close enough that she could feel his breath on her face. It reeked of alcohol. "I'm not supposed to tell you this."

    "Oh what's that?"

"Im pregnant."

"Really, let me guess, Sirius is the dad?"

Remus shot back up, almost appalled by this idea. "No, he doesn't like me the way I like him."

"So you have a crush on Sirius?"

"Used to, but I have one on this girl named Marlene too, wait you're not one of those homotobes are you?"

"No I have ten toes."

"I don't remember you being this funny Sirius."

"Let's get you to bed, can you walk?"

"Mmmhm"

Together they walked up the stairs and Jackie found the dorm with Remus's name on the it. She gently knocked on the door. A very confused James Potter opened the door. She shot him a shrug that she was hoping got perceived as, "I wasn't gonna leave him down there."

James was closing the door when she hummed a small hold on. She grabbed the book from her bag, Stardust, and ripped page 196 out and a pen from the pocket and scribbled out a little note.

Next time be careful with how much you drink, and try not to fall asleep on an unwilling person. Also Since I know your big secret, I feel you should know one about me. That way I don't owe you anything. My dad passed away not too long ago. Now we're even.

-J

She folded the note and handed it to James, with a whisper of "Don't tell him I wrote that or that I was here" He merely shot her a quizzical look and shoved the note into the taller boys pocket. The former shut the door finally after a beat too long of just spent staring at each other.

With a simple huff of breath, she made her way down the stairs back into the common room. What she didn't expect was the redheaded Lily Evans to be picking up cups and throwing them into the trash bag in her other hand. Her simple task made Jackie chuckle and slowly she waved her wand and the cups floated into the bag, startling Lily.

"I guess there is an easier way to do this huh, it's my fifth year and I still forget magic exists"

"Sometimes I wish my family wasn't magical, life would be simpler."

"Yeah, no brewing war....Hey im thinking about getting a cat, where did you get yours"

"It's kind of a funny story, my brother took me to lake Salem and we found him there, hence the name Salem. My brother says that he found us."

The redheaded girl tapped her prefect badge and offered "Well if I were you i'd head out, I can walk you back if you want"

"No thank you. I'll be fine, see you in class"

Jackie walked into the cold dark hall and immediately regretted coming to the party at all. She didn't get any dirt on Remus. Well she did, but nothing she would dream of using against him. She didn't even have a good time, and now she has to walk down all these stairs. She sighed, good exercise at least.

By the time she reached the Ravenclaw door she was out of breath.

"I have no eyes, no legs, or ears and I help move the earth. What am I?"

"A worm."

"Well, technically yes."

Crashing onto the blue couch of the Ravenclaw common room somehow made the poor girl feel a tad bit better. It made her wonder if her father ever felt like this when he hit the blue couch. The thought of her father brought a few tears to her eyes.

To this day she still feels that moment her mother told her that Walter Emmerson had been killed, no taken from her. She would never hug him, cry to him, hear him. He left just as everyone can and does. Eventually how her brother will leave her. Eventually, how everyone does.

Jackie never wanted to feel that same hurt again. The heaviness of her heart, the coldness of the world, the loneliness. The feeling of her home only being a house.

So she did the only thing she could. She built a wall. Stone by stone letting it cut her hands while she made it so tall it was all you could see. A gray mass of protection. It would keep people out and keep them from leaving her. It would keep her safe.

she speaks -
i may or may not be queen or forgetting to update my own book, i also have all of this written and just have to read through the last act and change a couple scenes. also i can't tell if this is getting reads or not but i'm also sad that no one is commenting, i want to hear from people.