- No. ⁸

THE WOLF

[vii. family affairs]

To say Jackie was in trouble was an understatement. Loranne was furious with her when she popped into the family living room. Although after explaining everything, Loranne agreed that she should find her birth mother. Loranne told her that they would start tomorrow and sent her off to bed after a thorough scan and a semi-lecture about how even though she didn't give birth to Jackie. Jackie was her daughter and she loves her.

Jackie took her small duffle bag and headed to her room. The walls baby blue, the ceiling was covered in paper butterflies that hung down and kissed the top of Jackie's head. She was home. It felt different without her father there, and she would always miss him, but she finally realized she had a piece of him, her heart was the same as her father. No one could take that.

She settled into the single bed in the corner and let sleep take her.

_______________________________________________________

She woke to the smell of eggs and french toast, specifically her brother's french toast. She assumed her mother had called him. Her brother was one of her favorite people. He was everything she was not. He was outgoing, loud, and a dog person, he in a way reminded her James Potter except that Stefan wasn't insufferable.

When she reached the kitchen she launched herself onto her brother's back and held on tight. His bright laugh filled the kitchen, it felt like a home not just a house. They felt like a family. She hopped off his back once his groans started to sound a little too real. She hopped onto the corned counter piece of the counter.

Her mother came into the room, a smile graced her face, one that reached her eyes, not the ones she had been doing recently.

"Jackie, we have a tight schedule today, so once you're ready we have to go right away. You have to get to wizard finds pretty early in the day if you want them done the line in that department is unbelievable, and your the only one that can do it due to your the only blood relative of her-"

As Jackie's mom grew more and more stressed as each word she said. The siblings shared a look. Her brother, the voice of reason was quick to jump in. "Mom, we'll be fine, we are Emmersons. We got this handled."

Their mother let out a chuckle and a humm of agreement and headed back upstairs to get ready for the rest of their day. The siblings let out a laugh and let the air relax in the kitchen and they sat at the table with their breakfast.

"What are you doing home, Steffy?"

"Ew, don't talk with food in your mouth and don't call me Steffy."

"Steffy, Steffy, Steffy, Steffy"

"Oh you're on, whoever finishes last has to to take their nickname, doofus."

"The whole day?"

"The whole day."

Jackie forgot how fast Stefan was because by the time she got her third bite in he was already done.

"That was disgusting, i never want to see you eat again."

"You're just a sore loser."

_______________________________________________________________

As the day progressed at Hogwarts more and more people became confused. The first was Marlene, who was a little concerned when she wasnt met by a tired Jackie at their usual spot. The girl just chalked it up to Jackie's most likely in the infirmary and didn't feel well. Not a huge deal, she would stop by there at the end of the day and see how she was.

The second was Lily who found out from Marlene that her other blonde friend wasn't there, but was quickly put to ease when Marlene told her the infirmary theory. The third was Remus Lupin who didn't see her in Transfiguration and began running theories as well, but he saw her last night and she didn't look ill so he quickly threw that one out, but to make sure he decided to stop by the infirmary at lunch.

The last to find out that Jackie wasn't there was Sirius black who slept through half the day, waking up around lunch.

The next few classes passed Remus' confusion growing more and more. All he could think about was how different the blonde girl not being there was. He missed her, despite the short amount of time they had spent together, he had bonded with her. So when he was replaced from his last class and rushed to the infirmary he realized. He missed her more then he missed Sirius in the summer, he missed her more. He liked her.

He headed back to the Great Hall in a little lull, He liked her. Once he reached the great hall he spotted Marlene and Lily and headed over to them.

"She's not in the infirmary."

"Wait what Remus?"

"Lily, he's talking about Jackie."

"Ohhh........... Wait what do you mean she's not in the infirmary."

Right as the conversation grew more heated one well rested Sirirus Black walked in. Noticing the commotion between Remusand the two other girls, headed over to see what the drama was. When he heard that the conversation was about Jackie, he slid into a seat and told them about the late night rendezvous they had.

"Do you think she went home?"

"I don't know Remus, I'm not a fortune teller."

"I wasn't saying you were Marlene."

"You think Dumbledore would know?"

"Actually sirius is onto something i think we should go ask"

"Why thank you Lily, someone appreciates my genius."

The four teens all stood and headed off together to Dumblerdors office. On the way they ran into James Potter who saw his two best friends and Lily Evans and just started walking with them. He had his friends backs no matter whatever they were going to do.

she speaks -
i can not explain how livid i am that i uploaded them wrong, dude now all of the cute little notes i put under here are gone. whatever i'm probably not gonna put these anymore just bc i have nothing to say