- No. ¹¹

THE WOLF

[xi. too early]

The next morning there was a light sprinkle coming from the sky. Jackie was the first of the girls up. She headed downstairs first and went straight for a cup of green tea. She headed down the stairs and into the kitchen but before she entered she heard her mother and brother talking in hushed whispers. She didn't pick up a lot but she heard her name.

She walked into the kitchen and they both snapped into other activities in the way that they were definitely talking about her. Not being in the mood to answer any questions she walked around the kitchen island and grabbed a mug and filled it with hot water. She grabbed her mug once it was done and she headed out of the kitchen but before she left she said "I was going to drink my tea and wait for the rain."

She walked out to the front porch and sat on the top stair, the one that was just covered by the awning. She set her mug down and smelled the air. The air smelled crisp and held a certain smell that only came right before a storm. At that moment Jackie felt peaceful. Something she hadn't got to experience in a while.

She heard the door open and close then a presence at her side. Assuming it was her brother she laid her head on their shoulder. To her surprise the shoulder was a little high and instead of mint, she was met with honey and parchment.

Her heart began to race. She suddenly felt sweaty, so she stood and walked down the stairs and into the slight mist that made her hair frizz up. She turned to look at the trees that surrounded the house, to hide the slight pink in her cheeks. She felt him watching her, it made her skin crawl, but along her forearms there were chill bumps.

There she was, the wind whipped around her blonde hair. It was an odd feeling but she just looked so perfect. The freshness of the day agreed with her skin. So he stood too. He followed her down the stairs. He felt a raindrop hit his nose. He knew she loved the way the air felt before the rain. He was infatuated with her.

He filled his lungs with air and took a cautious step to her. When he made it to her, he grabbed her hand.

"Remus im-"

He kissed her. Nothing had ever felt this good before. At first the kiss was slow and soft like the rain that was now falling down their faces. The kiss turned into a fast passionate one when she tangled her hand in his hair. His hands wrapped around her waist picking her up.

"Eww, next time don't shag in public" The voice of Sirius Black broke apart Jackie and Remus. The drenched duo turned to look at the boy. His mouth held a smirk but his eyes didn't quite seem so happy for them. "Jackie, your mom says we have to start heading back to Hogwarts now."

The duo that stood in the rain just turned to smile at each other. He leaned down and pecked her lips one more time then added "I like you."

She smiled a little wider, and replied "It's a little too early for me but I feel something for you, is that okay?"

He never broke eye contact as she spoke, but as soon as she finished he kissed her one more time then said "as long as you're not going around kissing anyone else, take your time, I'm a patient person."

Sirius headed back inside the house and regretted even going out there in the first place. Although as hurt as he was, he was happy that they had found each other.

____________________________________________________________

They made it back to Hogwarts right after breakfast. Jackie had received a week of detentions, for leaving and not telling anyone. The rest of the teenagers received half a week for following her and not telling anyone.

While they headed to unpack their belongings and head to whatever classes they could get to. Jackie told them that she had to go see someone, and that she would see them later.

She was off to the sixth floor girls bathroom. She had to go apologise to her best friend. In the craziness of the recent weeks of her life she hadn't seen her as much. So when she entered the bathroom and received a glare, she was sure she deserved it.

"Oh it's you, come to insult me again."

"No Myrtle, I'm so sorry, it was wrong of me to say that, can you forgive me."

"I suppose."

"That's good because who elses bathroom am I supposed to hangout in?"

"I don't think you're supposed to hangout in a bathroom."

she speaks -
i had this gif saved from when nina was still the face claim from jackie, i don't feel like changing it tho