→CHAPTER THREE.

CHAPTER THREE.

❝ JE ME PERDS DANS TES YEUX,JE ME NOIE DANS LA VAGUEDE TON REGARD AMOUREUX ❞

JE ME NOIE DANS LA VAGUE
DE TON REGARD AMOUREUX

••

Walking the carpet was always the easy part.

Just walk, smile, look pretty. Easy. Always the part that Millie could freely handle on her own, walking with her head held high and her smile radiating that confident energy she loved to spread. Posing, fluttering her lashes, playing the perfect part for them to capture.

The interview portions were the part she had to grit her teeth through, bite down her tongue sometimes to refrain whatever instinct thought came to mind from spilling out. Those questions that required her to think fast, come up with a perfectly acceptable answer, smile and nod and laugh along to whatever stupid joke the interviewer was trying to make. She didn’t mind the interviewers so much, she knew it was just the part of their job they had to do, same as with hers, but as the years went on, she disliked having to endure it more and more.

On the opposite end of where she was currently in the middle of laughing prettily in response to something the interviewer had said in regards to the romantic aspect of her life, Finn was beginning that dreadful walk down the red carpet.

At least he had eased himself more comfortably into this part of his job over the years. Stepping out in front of the repeated loud shouts, the big hand gestures asking for attention over here or over there. A display set in front of an audience with barely anything protecting him from their penetrating gazes and aggravating shouts and endless blinding flashes of light. Something he learned to deal with better throughout the years of fame he had grown up through.

It mostly helped when others were around, or when he knew somebody was waiting for him to reach them at the end of it before he would be swarmed into that swirl of interviewers and cameras in his face. It helped to know that he had somewhere there to ground him to reality, to keep him at bay and relax him with a simple squeeze of his arm and concerned words. But he didn’t have much around him this time. Just the knowledge that somewhere in there, his previous castmates, his family would be together again.

As the interviewer was saying her last words directed pointedly towards the camera, Millie wasn’t quite sure what it was that made her glance away, but there was something that practically tugged at her to flicker her gaze towards that direction where cameras were flashing their bright lights to capture the sight of Hollywood glamour.

Because somewhere over there he stands in black from head to toe, the only splash of color seeming to be the deep purple blazer pulled over atop the button-up beneath, that mess of curls that flopped over his head were styled perfectly as he smiled towards the cameras. She found herself momentarily distracted as her mind buzzed to life with everything she could remember from their night together (which still wasn’t much, but quite enough). Her throat went dry, and she suddenly wished that her mind had rather just gone blank and she silently hoped that there was some chance he wasn’t aware of just what occurred between them the night before. Maybe he had no idea what happened, much as she did when she first woke up. Really, how good could their fuzzy memory be of last night?