→CHAPTER FOUR.

CHAPTER FOUR.

❝ AND HE DANCES,THAT'S MY MAN,IN MY DREAMS ❞

❝ AND HE DANCES,
THAT'S MY MAN,
IN MY DREAMS ❞

••

The afterparty approached rather quickly, and Millie wished it hadn't.

Because with that, came the possibility that Finn would approach her with questions that she knew she couldn't have told him the truth about. But she also knew that it would be difficult to lie to him.

And why should it be? It was a mistake. That night of theirs should have never happened, and she knew the only reason it did happen was her own doing. It wasn't like he had wanted to be with her in that way, no, it was just her.

She had to face the reality that Finn wouldn't want her in that way. It was just her wanting him in some unexplainable way.

So, in order to prolong or hopefully prevent an encounter with him to occur, Millie tried to hide. And she thought she did a pretty good job of it for the first couple hours of the night. Because as she threw herself into conversations with others, laughing and sharing old stories with Sadie and Noah off to one side, she didn't see much of Finn anywhere else. At some point early on, her eyes caught onto him for a brief second but she quickly bowed her head down, turning slightly away as she tried to conceal herself behind Noah when she had been trying to listen intently to Sadie speaking.

Everything seemed to be going well for her. No Finn in sight, no needing to convince him of how absolutely nothing happened in the previous night.

"So you're going to Italy for a fashion show, but when?" Millie asks Sadie with a beaming smile, eyes bright with excitement.

Sadie shrugged, a bit bashful. "Well, I'm not just going for a fashion show. I mean, yeah, basically. But not just to watch."

Millie's mouth dropped open, her hands curled up to her chest as she gasped. "You're going to model for the fashion show!"

Sadie nodded with a proud smile on her face, and Millie immediately scooped her into a tight hug. "Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you!"

The redhead giggled lightly as she returned the gesture. "I am so excited. I know I've already done a few before, but this one is different. It's more chic. More for me. Oh! Entirely vegan line, too."

"Sadie, this is so you." Then an idea occurred. "Maybe I could come see you. When is it again?"

Sadie thought over it for a quick second as she pulled apart from the brunette's arms. "Um, one week from today, I think."