→CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

❝ OH, HOW I'D LOVE TO GOTO PARIS AGAIN ❞

TO PARIS AGAIN ❞

••

Having slept through the entire flight came as a surprise to Millie. Wanting to avoid getting into any serious discussion and another scolding from Sadie was the reason for it, but waking up with no memory of having fallen asleep was still surprising.

The moment she was shaken lightly, a small murmur from Sadie about how the plane has landed, she was full of worry. Her drowsiness was something to push through, and the worry she held only made it harder to stay awake. It wasn't the flight or the usual airport bustle that was causing her worries, though.

It was the tiny thing growing in her, and the fact that she would be seeing the other half of it within a few hours.

When their luggage was fit into the back of the sleek black SUV, and each of the girls was seated on opposite ends of the back seats in the car, her worry only grew with each passing second.

Somewhere along the drive as they were held up in traffic, the usual New York busy public surrounding them, the redhead began to go on about certain things that they would need to get done in order to deal with this pregnancy.

"Finding a doctor shouldn't be too hard," Sadie comments as her eyes graze over the screen of her phone.

"A trustworthy doctor?" Millie questions, eyes glued to the sliding dark window that separates them from the driver.

Sadie shrugs. "Doctors need to keep things confidential, either way. It's not like they could just tell anyone."

Millie brings her gaze towards the window, sighing softly. "I know. But it still makes me nervous."

Sadie lifts her eyes off her phone briefly to spare a glance her way, smiling sadly. "I know you are. It'll be fine, though." She reaches a hand out to her knee, giving a light squeeze. "Don't worry."

Millie flitted her eyes towards the sympathetic look on her face, sparing a small smile in return before looking out the window again. It didn't stop her from picking at her fingernails to relieve herself of some of her anxiety.

"Oh! A female doctor is available during the week," Sadie goes on rather cheerful. "We can set up an appointment for you for when we get back."

She merely nods in agreement before interlocking her fingers, placing her hands in her lap as she nibbled on the inside of her lip, unfocused on the outside view. There was much to do in order to get through on this pregnancy, and she needed everything to work out accordingly.