→CHAPTER THIRTY.

CHAPTER THIRTY.

❝ YOU WERE ALWAYS ENOUGH, YOU WERE ALMOST TOO MUCH FOR ME ❞

YOU WERE ALMOST TOO MUCH FOR ME ❞

••

As those first few days after her birthday passed by, Millie was extra careful about taking care of herself. She had let herself go for those few, short days, allowing her emotions to take over and suck her into a small void of nothing, and she regretted it. The sensation of the baby having finally kicked really set things into perspective for her. Her health would need to be kept in check because she needed to protect her healthy little baby.

Ever since that special moment shared with Finn, however, that familiar lingering of guilt grew ever so heavy in her chest. The pure look of astonishment he held that she had been depriving him of, it finally seemed to settle in just what she had been holding him back from. Something so pure he seemed wholeheartedly ready to dive into. So, she made it a point to keep him involved as much as possible from then on.

Since then, she and Finn were rather on steady ground together. Things were off, sure, and incredibly different, no doubt. It didn't take a genius to notice that within the past few weeks that things between them were nowhere near the same as before, somewhat stiff. But, in all fairness, things between them were quite civil and well.

Millie would call him every now and then to keep him updated on certain things, such as upcoming appointments, shopping that would need to be done for the baby, new little facts she discovered while reading and things they could possibly expect during this last half of the pregnancy and even with the labor. She was only a couple weeks away from the start of her third trimester, which she was expecting would be the most tiring of them all with everything they had to do.

She knew that he was going to be busy because of that film he would be working on, though. It wasn't going to be long until he was going to be gone and traveling back and forth. But as of now, he was really giving a lot of his attention towards whatever they had to do for the baby.

However, though she was very thrilled about his own excitement towards the baby, it didn't fail to cause her to worry about them. How things would be from now on, if things between them could ever go back to the way it was before, or things were just ruined and they would never get the chance to be something more together. These things that she shouldn't have been worried about because they weren't as important as the worries and concerns for the baby, but still. The worry for this would come and force its way into her mind.

And typically, when worry came, what served as her best distraction was diving headfirst into work.

At this point, she was still fairly much involved with all things Florence, though there was somebody else helping in many matters since she was dealing with her pregnancy and would be on a maternal leave soon enough. But ever since her birthday, she decided to delve into all things work related to serve as some sort of a helpful distraction.