→CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.

❝ WELL, YOU'RE COLD ABOUT ITNOW THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT IT ❞

NOW THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT IT ❞

••

Silence. That was the only sound within those four walls of her bedroom. Not a single coherent word uttered past her lips the moment Finn had stepped out of her bedroom, shut the door behind him and left her all alone to deal with whatever emotions had erupted inside her.

Silence. It was all she heard from him. Absolutely nothing an hour after, three hours after, the morning after, an entire day after he claimed he needed to be alone. Not a single message, nor a call. These things she had grown so accustomed to receive from him frequently after such a short time taken away from her just like that.

Silence. It was her comfort, yet her breaking point.

Though it should have been expected. What more could she expect? He wanted to be alone. He clearly needed the time to think about everything. So, silence should have been the only thing she expected.

And that silence was broken only when the piercing sound of a ding emitted from her phone. A message.

Quickly, Millie sprung up from where she had been curled up atop the center of her mattress, crawling across the short distance before she outstretched her hand towards the device set upon the nightstand. Her heart nearly leapt up in her throat from how hard it beat as she anxiously checked to see who had sent her a text. Hoping wholeheartedly that it was him.

mum:
happy birthday millie, we hope you've been doing well
your sisters and I will be down to visit you in atlanta soon to celebrate, all girls day
we miss you xx ♥️

Millie stares down rather passively at the screen that displays the message, eyes soaking in the words again and again until the screen goes dark.

That's right. Today is her birthday. Today she is officially twenty years old, no longer in her teen years. She is a twenty year old young woman who is pregnant with a baby that she hid from the father for five months.

Was there really anything to celebrate? She was a mess right now. Emotionally, and physically. She hadn't slept or ate well enough since Finn left so abruptly. It had been three days since then. She had been in the same pair of pajamas, curled up in the same blanket on the same spot on her mattress. It was a bit of a routine she had fallen into.

This routine of laying around rather numbly was something that was only momentarily broken when Sadie would enter her room. Either with something to eat or drink before asking her if she would like her to stay around for a bit. And her answer was always that she would like to be left alone.