→CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.

❝ IF LIFE WAS A MOVIE, OH, YOU'RE THE BEST PART ❞

YOU'RE THE BEST PART ❞

••

The moment that the confirmation seemed to suddenly hit them, she couldn't refrain from the panic that she instantly felt course through her veins, all her senses heightened. All those different books she read, the endless amounts of articles, even talking with Billie about her own experience, it all flew out the window. There was not a single thing in her mind as she felt surprisingly unprepared. Nothing could have prepared her for when this moment finally arrived.

And that is why she is currently on the phone with an equally (if not more) frantic Finn on the other line.

"Holy shit, are you on your way? You're on your way, right?" he sputtered out, shuffling movement heard along with his voice.

"I'm at Billie and Pete's apartment," she answered, somehow managing to keep her cool as she grips onto Sadie's arm with her free hand. "We're just about to leave, actually."

"Pete, I swear, you don't have to come! Little Finneas is sleeping and Brooklyn is so fucking close to falling asleep, do you seriously need to come with us just for us to sit in the waiting room with the twins?"

Millie bit her lip as she spoke into the line, "Yeah, we're just about ready to go."

"Um, shouldn't you be on your way already?" Finn retorted, and she could distinctly make out the sound of a door shutting. "Seriously, Millie, what are you doing just standing around?"

"Finn, come on," Millie laughed lightly. "We're almost done here. I'm fine, it's not that serious yet. We'll meet you there at the hospital, okay?"

"Millie, I don't know, I really think—"

"Finn, I'm fine," she reassured him, glancing towards the couple adjusting their twins into their carseats. "We'll be there as soon as we can get there. See you there."

Reluctantly, he said, "Alright, see you soon, then."

Right as the phone call ended, she was gripping at Sadie's arm even tighter, tugging strongly and groaning loudly.

"Why are contractions so painful?" Millie cried out, restraining herself from letting out a cry of frustration. "Really, why?"

"Millie," Sadie breathed out, "can you probably, I don't know, not rip my arm off?"

Millie nodded softly, trying to loosen her grip on the redhead, feeling guilty about nearly hurting her as she tried to keep herself stable.