→CHAPTER EIGHT.

CHAPTER EIGHT.

❝ CAN WE JUSTLIVE IN SLOW MOTION? ❞

❝ CAN WE JUST
LIVE IN SLOW MOTION? ❞

••

It was ironic how the one person she wanted to avoid was part of one of the few that she would be spending the next week with. All she could have asked for was that those faded, fuzzy memories stay away whenever he was near. But it seemed to be doing the opposite.

The fashion show was the easiest thing for her to sit through. Caleb sat tucked in between the two when Millie quickly came up with an excuse that them two should have been sitting together because she was certain the two males would have plenty to talk about. Little did she know that they had already done so much talking together in the past week they spent in New York and their spontaneous trip to the beaches of Florida.

But Finn knew in the moment that she suggested it that it would best for them. Obviously, she was avoiding having to be too close with him. He understood it, though. At least, he hoped he did.

The fashion show had gone very easy for them. Caleb initiated most of the talking, and their conversations were fun and lighthearted. Watching Sadie walk the runway, strutting and keeping her concentration despite Caleb being extremely loud when she walked right past them was another highlight of the night. Millie saw the smile that threatened to take over her face before she quickly focused straight ahead again. Even when the fashion show was over, the tension between Finn and Millie was almost nonexistent.

Well, looking in on the outside it was.

But, when their eyes couldn’t lock for longer than a second, when her smile faltered whenever he spoke, when his fingers shook at the sound of her laugh ringing throughout the air, it was almost unbearable.

Remnants of feelings rippled through their bodies at any miniscule detail. Her throat would dry because she could remember more now. Seeing his face up close, hearing his voice soft and low, a certain twitch of a smile, anything he did was bringing back more and more.

For him, it was feelings being magnified. Whatever he felt was becoming stronger, clearer. And it made him more and more anxious with each time he glanced her way.

• — : — •

The following days spent together weren’t too bad. It seemed that Sadie was delving into spending as much of her time with Millie as she could. Which, of course, the brunette did not mind at all.

She had filled in Sadie with most little bits of her life. How much she was working, why she was finally on a break, upcoming seasonal celebrations, things with her family and whatnot. But when it came to the night she shared with Finn, she couldn't bring herself to speak about it.