Chapter 4: the grand pumpkin fest

"Pick up please. I am not trying to get in trouble because you are missing." Penny was trying to reach her sister through voicemail. Penny was never one to care too much about someone's safety unless it meant she was going to be in big trouble. "You know, maybe we shouldn't have been so mean and we should have just openly invited her into your room with us so she wouldn't be so bored and and-" Cora rambled before Penny rudely cut her off. "ENOUGH! That's her fault honestly. She should have never just walked out like that without telling me."

Back to Kimmy and Dove, they were having the time of their life talking about all the pranks they played on people with their powers."I think we should check that fountain out that you have been talking about though. I think it has something to hide" Said Dove. "Yeah, let's go before it gets dark. I'll show you the way." Said Penny. They got up off the refreshing green grass and began their search for the fountain to see what the big mystery was. Considering the fact that the thin woman —who was now locked in a bathroom and tricked into thinking the toilets were overflowing—said something about there being a consequence when using the fountain, Kimmy decided she would use the fountain once again to see if the hype about the "consequences" were true.

They both arrived at the fountain. Dove didn't want to make a wish because she felt strong energy from the fountain that she didn't really like. Kimmy proceeded to verbalize her wish. "I wish to be materialistic and classy, just like my sister! From the heels, down to the pearl necklaces and fashion week dresses!" Kimmy excitedly stepped back from the fountain and watched the water ripple with a smile on her face.

another message popped up on the surface of the water like before and it read "reverse the curse". "woahh, did you see that?" said Dove sounding a little concerned. "no why?" said Kimmy without a care in the world. Even after what she just went through, Kimmy couldn't give a flying pig on a stick about reading words that appeared on water, she just wanted to live the life her sister has. "your turn!" said Kimmy excitedly. "no thanks, I think we should find something else to do while we wait for your wish to come true." said Dove. "agreed." said Kimmy.

15 minutes later.... "ugh, we've been walking for forever! we need to actually do something." complained Kimmy. "yeah, tell me about it." groaned Dove. A very rude guy brushed past Kimmy, knocking her off her feet. "hey! watch it jerk!" said Dove angrily as she helped Kimmy get back up. Kimmy picked up two card game sized papers that the man seemed to have dropped. "cooool! two tickets to the pumpkin fest!" said Kimmy. The girls looked right ahead of them, there was the pumpkin fest, the hottest Halloween fair of the year. "THANK YOU RUDE MAN!!" shouted the girls in excitement. They giggled all the way to the pumpkin fest.

When they arrived, it was everything they could imagine. the festival was lit up with orange, purple, and green fairy lights. There were tall dark trees with orange leaves falling from the trees as they all surrounded the small park the festival was being held at. In the center of the park, there was a small stand were you could turn in your ticket to enter the festival, and all around it were different paths to games, mazes, and challenges: miss fortune teller, whack-a-cat, corn maze, smash-a-pumpkin, and skeleton blast. there were signs directing where each event was and small tables displaying free maps incase you were lost. Kimmy and Dove did a lot of fun things together. Even though they both had a mental breakdown because they lost each other in the corn maze, they still had lots of fun. "BOO!" shouted Kimmy when she found Dove in the corn maze, finally. Dove screamed and dropped to the ground. Her head landing on a smashed corn. "ewwwww, gross" said Dove touching her hair. She got up from the ground covered with hay. Then the girls walked towards the exit of the maze.

But then Kimmy saw something strange. When she looked back, she saw that tall thin lady again. Yes, the one from the bathroom situation. She decided not to tell Dove and tried not to worry about it. But she also couldn't think straight with this tall thing just sitting there watching them walk to the prize center. So instead, she secretly used her powers to toss the woman into the lake. "yikes." whispered Kimmy, talking to herself. "what was that?" said Dove curiously. "oh nothing!" said Kimmy as if reassuring Dove that there was nothing to worry about.

5 minutes later.... The girls arrived at the prize center with their reward tickets in their hands that they earned from playing each and every game a bunch of times. Kimmy went first to claim her prize. to get a prize from the prize center(which was just a vending machine with different toys and collectibles in it) you choose what you want, enter the amount of tickets that they price says, and then push the "claim" button. so Kimmy did just that and she ended up getting a chocolate coin. "sweet! I cant wait to eat this later." said Kimmy with excitement. Dove went next and received a glittery space themed bow. "this is so cute!!" said Dove. Dove put on her bow and Kimmy put her chocolate coin her pocket.

They started to walk to the nearest exit which was a boat dock, The boat dock to sunset island. The place where pageants are held and the queens of American pageants volunteer to judge each contestant. Sunset island has its own campsite reserved for the pageant contestants only, but also had a mini hotel for sunset island visitors.