chapter 5: camp sunset

The ride on the pink and orange boat that would take Kimmy and Dove to sunset island was quiet and peaceful. The clear turqouise water made calm and relaxing sounds as the boat moved along it. The wind would occasionaly create a nice breeze. It was only 5 pm but the girls needed to settle down. They didnt want to go back to royale high just yet. Especially Kimmy, because of her sister wondering where she is, she doesnt want to return and get yelled at, but Kimmy needs to learn that she cant keep running away from her problems. But she knew that already.

Kimmy and her new found friend were having the time of their lives meanwhile.... "knock knock" went the door. Cora decided to get up to go answer it since she didn't want Penny to get it because whenever someone didn't do anything for her she had a big mouth about it and would complain for an hour straight. Just get a journal to write down all of your feelings instead of speaking that negative energy into everyone's ears. jeez Penny. Anyway, she answered the door and it was principal Matthews standing there at the door. He had the face of someone of had just spilled all of their coffee that they were anxiously waiting to drink.

He had gray hair, nearly bald but his beard said otherwise. It was similar to a bush but gray. He wore a black suit with a blue and gold striped tie and to complete his outfit, classic black hush puppies. There, steal his look. He stood tall and looked down at Cora who was way shorter than him. "where is Penny Covington? it is urgent." He said sounding very serious. "just wait here a sec okay?" said Cora nervously. She walked back into Penny's room and grabbed her by the arm. Penny kept tripping over the many fuzzy blankets and pillows on the floor that they forgot to clean up. But Cora didn't care because she was going to give principal Matthews what he wants to stay out of trouble before she ever cleaned up a bunch of blankets and pillows.

"if Kimmy is standing on the other side of this door, I swear I am going to--" Penny's complaint was interrupted when she reached the door and finally saw who she was really talking to. "oop-- h-hi principal M-Matthews..!" Penny stuttered. Then principal Matthews began to speak again "come to my office immediately. Don't be late." That stern voice always scares everybody but Penny knew she had to go to his office. She knew what it was going to be about...Kimmy of course. She decided to lie even though she didn't do anything wrong. If you had a twin sister and you were both old enough to take care of yourselves, would you watch over each other like a dog and her puppies? No.... or would you?

"we're here!" said Dove excitedly as the girls arrived at sunset island. "wow it's really beautiful here." said Kimmy. Sunset island has a beautiful ocean surrounding it and inside that ocean are mermaids from all kinds of kingdoms, cute sea creatures like no other, rare sea shells, and great treasures. The actual island has its own cool features too. A big stage with beach chairs surrounding it sit in the center of the island when you first arrive. The stage is beautifully lit with spotlights and decorated with pink and orange flowers. To the left from the stage was a smoothie bar and a pool. To the right of the stage was a hot tub and a locker room. behind the stage was the dressing center where all of the pageant contestants could plan and wear their outfits for the show. Right behind the dressing center was the campsite. The campsite featured a bonfire and gorgeous tents to match every group of contestants' style. There was a red tent with hearts on it for the valentines group, a green tent for the nature group, a metallic tent for the space lovers group, a orange tent for the positivity committee group, a black and white zebra print tent for the animal lovers group, and a pink tent for the classy girly girls group.

Kimmy and Dove signed up for the pageant and headed over to the campsite. When they arrived they were confused. Everyone was eating smores by their tents but that's not what confused them. "well where do we go? which tent??" asked Dove. "I don't know. I never fit into any category, always deemed an 'outcast'." said Kimmy. A fit girl with long blonde hair and pink silk pajamas walked Kimmy and Dove's way. "Hi im Avery and I believe that you two belong in that blue tent over there." she said with a sweet voice pointing at a dark blue tent labeled "unique & gifted group". "how fitting. thank you Avery. Im Dove and this friend Kimmy." said Dove. She thought "unique & gifted" was fitting because her and Kimmy both had those special "gifts".

"No problem! have a good night and good luck with the pageant tomorrow!" said Avery. Avery should be in the orange tent because her positive attitude! But anyway, lets stay in character. The girls put on the pajamas that waited for them the sleeping bags inside the tent. They crashed onto the sleeping bags. Imagine fighting some monster lady, and at that using your powers at their strongest abilities (that can be very tiring btw) and being completely robbed of your energy. So in conclusion, they deserved the well-needed rest.