o n e

AMAYA WILLIAMS was not a cheater- a fraud, a liar, a hater, a heartbreaker. Amaya was many, many things, but she was not a cheater. It was a rule of her life, after all, to do all things that were good and honest, and to never, ever willingly fall into unholy deeds. She was insistent on that fact, and it was a rule she tended to keep incredibly well.

Until Jonah.

Jonah Marais was the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He showered her with gifts, with love, with affection. He wrote her songs, took her on dates she could once only imagine, and helped boost her YouTube career- once he was famous, she got almost equally so. Amaya was ridiculously thankful for her boyfriend and all that he did for her, but she always felt something missing. This was the case as she sat backstage at one of his band's shows, cheering quietly from the sidelines.

Amaya tried to be a supportive girlfriend. It was no secret she loved Jonah's voice, so it wasn't exactly hard, but she could never focus on him. Yes, his voice was beautiful, yes, his face was beautiful, yes, his personality was beautiful, but Amaya wasn't into it anymore. It had once been her biggest fear, to fall out of love with Jonah, but as she stared at the stage, it suddenly didn't seem that big a deal.

"...no I don't want me," Daniel finished their final song, and a few minutes later, the boys appeared backstage. Jack automatically greeted Gabbie, who had come up from Florida for the show. Their daughter, Lavender, was being watched by Gabbie's mom for the weekend while the couple had some much needed them time, and Amaya was ecstatic to watch them embrace- Jonah had mentioned how
much Jack had been missing Gabbie lately, and he had even confided that Jack was going to take their coming week off to stay with her in Florida so he could spend time with Lavender.

Jonah bounced toward Amaya, wrapping her in a hug that pulled her out of her fixed gaze on the embracing couple. It was instinct to wrap her arms back around him, but the strength she usually brought to their hugs just wasn't there.

"You good?" he asked as they pulled away, his smile only falling slightly before bouncing back. She pushed a smile onto her lips, giving an affirming nod.

"Of course I am, J. You were great tonight, but you always are."

Her words made him grin even more, and he kissed her cheek before going to grab a cold water. She settled back onto the couch she had been on before the end of the show, watching everyone interact. Jack and Gabbie were facetiming with Lavender, Corbyn was talking to Christina on the phone, and Zach had managed to intercept Jonah, pulling his attention from his girlfriend.

"You're staring." Daniel appeared next to her seemingly out of nowhere, making her jump slightly and lean into him out of shock.

"At my boyfriend? Yeah, I am." She laughed, stepping away from him so she could face him.

"You were actually staring at Jack and Gabbie. What's up?" Daniel's words were friendly, but she somehow felt dirty revealing her thoughts. It was one thing to notice she didn't want to be with Jonah in her mind, but it was something completely different to admit it out loud. Jonah was safe. Jonah made sense. She made sense with Jonah. And sure, Daniel was a good friend, but he was Jonah's best friend. If Amaya told Daniel... well, Jonah would know for sure. And Amaya just wasn't ready for that yet. She wasn't even sure if she actually didn't want to be with him yet.

So she put on a smile, shook her head, and shrugged, saying, "they're really cute. She's good for him."

Daniel looked over at the couple, nodding along with her words. "Yeah, she brings out something great in him. And Lavender lights up his world... have you met her yet?"

"Oh, yeah. Gabbie called me right after their families met her and asked me to come out."

"Right." Daniel laughed, shaking his head. "I forget the two of you are friends."

"Well, we have a lot in common. Boyfriends in the same band, YouTube careers, both from Florida..."

"You are not from Florida, there's no way." Daniel laughed in disbelief, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I'm deadass! I moved to LA when I was sixteen, but I was raised in Florida! And we have family in Canada so I spend time there. We've been friends for... what, almost three years now? And you didn't know that? We met before I moved!"

"I'm not observant," he admitted, rubbing his neck. She laughed, rolling her eyes.

"That's for sure. Hey, are we going out or anything before the hotel?"

"Uh, I think Jonah suggested we go to a club." Daniel shrugged as Jonah came up to them, wrapping an arm around Amaya's waist.

"I did suggest it. Are you down?" he looked down at his girlfriend, who nodded, pushing back her tiredness. She could make Jonah happy. She did make Jonah happy. If he wanted to go, she would too.

"I am. Is everyone coming?"

"Yeah, I think so." Jonah nodded, and Daniel gave Amaya a quick smile before walking towards Zach. He didn't want to interrupt couple time, that was for sure.

As he walked away and Amaya was left alone with Jonah, she felt an ache in her chest- what the hell was she doing with her life?

amayablinn posted a photo!

amayablinn: so proud of my baby!! tonight was amazing, you're so talented j 🥰❤

[tagged: jonahmarais]

liked by jackaverymusic, gabbieegonzalez, marykatelin, and 62,494 others

usera: ugh the cutest couple

userb: her smile when she's with him >>>>>

userc: ugh you're beautiful
userd: userc can confirm she's even prettier in person!!! met her tonight 🥰

gabbieegonzalez: you are SO cute
amayablinn: gabbiegonzalez girl you must be looking in a mirror!!!

usere: b a b y !

userf: jonah looks... so unenthused
userg: userf right??? it makes no sense for them to be together cause one or both of them always look unhappy i swear
amayablinn: userf userg we spend a lot of time in the public eye & get caught in some unflattering photos from time to time... jonah & i took this after his show, so you can imagine his tiredness. please be kind ❤

userh: 💖💖💖💖💖

useri: bruh this is SO cute stop

jonahmarais: i love you baby 😘
amayablinn: jonahmarais i love you most!!

seaveydaniel has liked this post!