t h i r t y - t h r e e

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM "LOML ANNA SEAVEY"

ACCEPT | DENY

"Amaya, hey!" came the kind voice of Daniel's sister as her video focused. "I didn't expect you to pick up."

"Neither did I," Amaya admitted, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as she looked at the blonde. Amaya was in an oversized hoodie, the hood covering her braided hair, and the only light emitted from the fairy lights in her room— and, of course, her phone.

"I was— I'm kind of pissed. At you. But also Daniel. I guess right now I'm more angry with him, so... I figured I'd check in."

"Thanks, Anna. And hey, if you need to yell at me, I'm right here, wide open." She let out a dry chuckle.

"I feel like the shit you've been getting has pretty much covered the bases, but for the record, you're going to have to reearn our trust. Like, all of us. I'm sure the boys are being all nice, but you cheated, and that's not cool. You don't deserve to be called names and get sent death threats because we all know that humans make mistakes, but girl. You fucked up."

Amaya sighed, trying not to let the tears that were forming in her eyes fall. There had been a pretty steady stream of tears since the post she saw last night, and she was genuinely surprised she hadn't been dehydrated yet.

"I know. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to show y'all I'm trustworthy again, no matter how long it takes. It means a lot to me that you're even speaking to me right now."

"Well, like I said, I'm more pissed at Daniel," Anna replied, chuckling.

"You don't have to act like I didn't deserve it. I cheated on Jonah with him, I shouldn't have expected him to be faithful. I deserve whatever karma has in store for me."

"See, the thing is, you're right and you should say it, but he still knows better. We were raised better than that."

"Yeah, I guess." Amaya fell quiet, her eyes drifting to the wall across from her. Anna studied her, waiting for her to break the silence. "Have you talked to him?"

"No. Mays, are you missing the whole 'I'm more pissed at Daniel' thing, or..?" Anna raised an eyebrow.

"No, I hear you loud and clear. I was just hoping you knew how he was, because I don't want to talk to him."

"Well, knowing Daniel, he's either a wreck or completely fine. Depending on if his whole 'I'll love her forever' comment was true or not."

"Okay, that is not what he said, first of all," Amaya corrected, rolling her eyes. "I've gotten enough quote tweets about it to know exactly what he said. Second, that really doesn't reassure me, Anna."

"You didn't ask for reassure, you asked if I knew how he was. The answer is no, Ames, but I can speculate."

Amaya sighed, looking into the camera. Anna gave her a half smile, and the brunette was honestly surprised Anna had even called at all. She didn't really deserve anyone checking in on her, she knew that, and the funny thing was, she wasn't even pitying herself. She owned up to her decisions 100%. Daniel turning around on her was not something she hadn't considered.

"I have to call him, don't I?" she finally said, raising an eyebrow.

"If you want the truth." Anna nodded, shifting her position.

"Ugh, okay. I'll... I'll work up the courage. Thanks for checking in, Anna. I know it's going to be a long road to regaining your trust and respect, but I love you like a sister, and I really appreciate you."

"I love you too, Ames. That doesn't change because I'm mad at you. Go call my idiot brother, okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

Amaya sighed as the phone call ended, sitting up in her bed and wiping away any excess tears. She flipped on the lamp next to her bed, and with shaky hands, dialed a number she knew by heart.

REECE SAYS!

THEY'RE DROPPING AN ALBUM IN JANUARY LET’S GOOOOOOO THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD ONES IS GONNA SLAP!! I'VE ALREADY CLAIMED TRACK 7 AND DANIEL LOOKED SO GOOD AND AAAAAAAAAAAA